New Roush TVS pushing 550 hp on 4.6L?

Jwoo8804

Reaction score
Thank you skwerl. I have never had a car dyno tuned before only the 3 pulls to see what hp it makes. I'm going to use another local shop that according to the reviews seems to know what they are doing. The one that all of my friends around here use recently was broken into and one of my buddies had his 700+rwhp 2003 cobra stolen. The guy claims he had nothing to do with it, but the alarm system and video cameras conveniently were down during the time the car would have been stolen. So, needless to say I do not trust that guy as far as I could throw him.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Just for reference, my 08 Bullitt with Roush TVS phase 1 kit just put down 412 rwhp and 395 rwtq at 7psi and an email tune frm Brenspeed. After my tuner worked his magic it made 440 rwhp and 395 rwtq.

Jwoo8804

Reaction score
Just for reference, my 08 Bullitt with Roush TVS phase 1 kit just put down 412 rwhp and 395 rwtq at 7psi and an email tune frm Brenspeed. After my tuner worked his magic it made 440 rwhp and 395 rwtq.

That's awesome man congrats! That is a huge gain. That just goes to show the difference in email tunes versus a custom one.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Just have Lito tune it. Dataloging the car is so simple and its Lito man. Does anyone tune more FI 4.6 setups than him?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Just have Lito tune it. Dataloging the car is so simple and its Lito man. Does anyone tune more FI 4.6 setups than him?

100% agree. Lito has the disadvantage of being in another country. Added to that is the fact that many people don't realize that pulls done under the cars real load are better than an unloaded dyno. Over time more have come around. Something that I don't think most realize is that lito (Manuel Pazo) will do live remote tuning from a dyno in the states for those who can't do pulls at the track. He also follows up with driveability. Tuning for wot is fairly easy but getting driveability correct takes extensive knowledge of internal combustion motor theory. Manuel understands what makes motors run properly all the time, not just at wot. If I wasn't doing my own tuning he would be tuning my car.

ExSRT8Guy

Been There, Done That
Reaction score
The cotton oil wicked elements *do not* filter air near as well as an OEM type filter.

I beg to differ. I've run K&Ns on every vehicle I've owned in the past 30+ years... dirt bikes, street bikes, cars and trucks. Never had to rebuild a dirt bike engine due to wear, and have had a number of cars go over 200K with no oil burning, and leakdown #s within factory specs.

Don't know why yours didn't work well for you, but I'm a fan!

nola504boy

forum member
Reaction score
So, Roush has released a S/C kit that puts out 550hp to the flywheel on the 4.6L 3V engine. There has always been the argument that going over 500 flywheel hp is not safe with stock internals on the 4.6L. But, it looks like Roush is saying with this new kit that it might be ok to push well over 500 flywheel hp all the way up to 550. Everyone has a different opinion on what the stock bottom end on the 4.6L will handle. So, what are your thoughts on this new S/C kit from Roush?

IMO it's all in your tune man. I've been over 512-544 tq depending on how much i want to spray for almost 2 years now without any issues besides a couple of burnt spark plugs due to a bad tune at one time. Once I got a better tune the car has been solid. My buddy is at 530rwhp on his Procharged 3V on the stock bottom end also for almost 3 years, but he doesn't race much in his car. So he doesn't push it to the limit. So I think the kit should be fine with the right tune.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back