new TCI super street fighter trans problem

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
hi guys,

I just had my new TCI super street fighter trans with TCI street fighter converter installed everything seems ok when I drove it the first time but the next day I drove it for a few miles and the OD light start blanking I stopped the car turn it off then start it again the OD didn't came back . but today when I took my car for a ride few miles the OD start blanking but this time when I turn the car off and start it again the OD disappear for a while and came back again, the trans shift seems normal , so what is the problem ?

notice: I didn't run the car WOT yet cuz I didn't finish tune it.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah no WOT runs yet. You need to get the trans code scanned to find out what it is. I would do that ASAP, dont f*ck around after you spent all that coin.

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah no WOT runs yet. You need to get the trans code scanned to find out what it is. I would do that ASAP, dont f*ck around after you spent all that coin.

yes I've been told that ,but someone told me to reconnect all the sensors on the trans

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Something is trigging a code. A dealership or some shop with the proper scanner needs to check those codes. If it were me, since its a brand new trans and TC, I would only drive it to the shop to have it checked. It could be minor but after spending all that cash.... I would error on the side of caution.

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
Something is trigging a code. A dealership or some shop with the proper scanner needs to check those codes. If it were me, since its a brand new trans and TC, I would only drive it to the shop to have it checked. It could be minor but after spending all that cash.... I would error on the side of caution.

I hope it's nothing just a sensor or something

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you have the fluid level correct? Low fluid will cause the O/D light to flash

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
Are you sure you have the fluid level correct? Low fluid will cause the O/D light to flash

I did what (ford instruction ) said , ,Move the range selector lever slowly through each gear, stopping in each position and allowing the transmission to engage. Place the range selector lever in the PARK canister position then start filling up then Allow the fluid to drain. When the fluid comes out as a thin
stream or drip, the fluid is at the correct level. after I filled it I let around 1/4 can of fluid to come off so it can be a thin stream as instruction said . I don't know should I add another 1/2 can or something ? the thing is my friend had a 1/2 can less fluid on his car but the O/D didn't flash

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
I talked with TCI yesterday they said it's a tuning problem , is that possible ?

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
Tuning problem or low fluid levels are my first two guesses. I basically had this same trans in my old stang

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I think the reason you are getting the light is you installed a higher stall speed converter without getting a transmission retune. You need to contact your tuner and get a tune update.....

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
yes it's 3000RPM stall converter , I'll check with my tuner and also try to check the fluid level , and let you guys know , thank you guys

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
talked to my tuner he said: I put one before and never touched anything ,I’ll look and see if there is something I can change, but I have not had to do anything in the past

Last edited:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
talked to my tuner he said: I put one before and never touched anything ,I’ll look and see if there is something I can change, but I have not had to do anything in the past

There are actually quite a few things that need changed in the tune when you install a 3000 stall. I would look into changing tuners.

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
Who is tuning it?

let us say he is one of the best believe me

There are actually quite a few things that need changed in the tune when you install a 3000 stall. I would look into changing tuners.

wow that tough , and like he said he will look at it . what are those thing so I can save some time and tell him ?

Last edited:

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score

Are you stating this as a tuner or are you just repeating what someone else told you? If you know of several things that need to be changed perhaps you could just tell him exactly what to change, unless of course you have no idea what you are talking about.

I by the way am not saying you are right or wrong just that you haven't provided any real information or help to the OP just an opinion.

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
Are you stating this as a tuner or are you just repeating what someone else told you? If you know of several things that need to be changed perhaps you could just tell him exactly what to change, unless of course you have no idea what you are talking about.

I by the way am not saying you are right or wrong just that you haven't provided any real information or help to the OP just an opinion.

good point

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I'm no tuner but I speak from experience. I installed a 3500 converter in a 2007 Chevy heads, cam, headers etc truck and the guy doing my tuning at the time changed a bunch of stuff. Without the changes the truck would hit the rev limiter on every shift so he adjusted the shift tables in the tune. He also had to adjust when the converter locked up and he turned off some codes in the tune. You might think well that's on a Chevy but the the principle is the same on any newer car or truck.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back