New user from Nebraska with 09 Candy Apple GT!

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Greetings, I figured I should introduce myself and maybe become a bit more than a lurker. The name is Chris (you can call me that or Whiskey, I'm not bothered by either) and I live in Nebraska and I drive an 09 GT in Dark Candy Apple Red (Ford's color code name).

Current mods are bleak:
Tokico D-Specs
K&N Drop in Air Filter Replacement
245/45/18 Dunlop Direzza Z1 Sport Star Specs (mouthful and going on today in a couple of hours).

I also have some mods in the mail, Steeda Sport Springs and Steeda HD mounts which will be going on at a later date when I can afford the rest of my mod plans! Of course I'm an Autocrosser and finished last year in F-Stock but in the local Street Tire PAX. This year I will most likely be competing in RTR for a few events and then hopefully switching to STX when I install the springs, strut mounts, and hopefully the Fays2 Watts link and the Strano Swaybars.

Of course, no intro post is complete without whoring out photos!

IMGP4464.jpg

IMGP4429.jpg

IMGP4412.jpg

IMGP4432.jpg

Some photos from an autocross event taken by David at GotCone.com. These photos are his and only rehosted on my photobucket:

img_4731.jpg

img_4728.jpg

img_4727.jpg

Of course no year is complete without destroying the factory tires which are getting replaced today by some much better tires:
2011-10-02_19-00-52_759.jpg

2011-10-02_19-01-33_737.jpg

What shoulder blocks right?

Anyway, my mod list is pretty short above, but I did get sick of seeing that rusted rear axle so I got my self under my car and went to town with some black Rustoleum Rust Prevention spray paint and finished it off with a touch of Krylon Flat Black:

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

I've since resprayed all of the areas still showing rust.

I've also recorded in video all of my autocross runs (not that entertaining to be honest) and because suspension fascinates me by it's complexity, I also decided to steel Grigg's idea and video the rear axle on these cars under street driving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCBOmTaHJPI&feature=related

and while Autocrossing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7S7sAwZnNQ&list=UUn1qfrWiS9vWhxUbJhalUnw&index=14&feature=plcp

I hope to hang around, I've already been using the for sale section to snag up some sweet deals :)

Cheers!
Chris/Whiskey11

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes! I figured I should update with the new tire pictures! :D

Here they are, the Dunlop Direzza Z1 Sport Star Spec in 245/45/18 on an S197:

IMGP4547.jpg

IMGP4550.jpg

IMGP4552.jpg

IMGP4548.jpg

They look so tiny in that picture, not sure why? :trout:

Nick08

Reaction score
i was thinking of the same exact tire and size for my bullitts. What do you think of them

Jefro

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome!! Use this site to buy parts to get it out of the air bigfoot!! J/k , like the color!

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Welcome from another Nebraskan. Nice car but gotta get that woodhouse tag off there.

Nasty GT

Using stuff to do things
Reaction score
Welcome Whiskey.

Another Midwesterner....I'm not far away in Iowa and get to Fremont Ne alot with work.

Enjoy the site...it's great!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back