Newbie for Belgium

philip_mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Hi,

My name is philip and I have a mustang addiction :)

I own a 2005 GT Screaming Yellow Convertible. As 99.9% of the stangs, mine is also personalised big times with a lot of cosmetic mods.

This year it was time to install some big underhood upgrades so I ended up buying an Edelbrock E-Force package from brenspeed.

After installing we went for a testdrive and that blew the engine. A rod broke and went through the block so we could throw that away.

A Brendspeed B326 Stage 3 is being prepared at this moment so I'm looking forward to receiveing it and having it installed.

Also orded some new tires and looking for rims but I'm afraid ther will be a fitting issue because the tires seems to be larger than they told on the website. A 315/30R20 tired turned out to be 330 ...

gtman

forum member
Reaction score
Hello, gd the engine blew that fast? Id be looking to go home and cry after shelling out that cash.
Im sorry man.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Double check your tune before giving your new motor the mustard.

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome! But I'll be honest , your story of a blown motor right after a blower install and a tune from a trusted tuner scares the hell out of me!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hello Philip,

Welcome to S-197 buddy. :highfive:

Looking forward to seeing and reading your further posts on your Mustang.

Terry

philip_mustang

forum member
Reaction score
tnx guys.

Well the crying thing was an option but I had plans to upgrade the engine in a couple of years too, so it only moved forward. My wife wasn't to happy with it but it was that or buying another car.

And since there was just about $15000 spend (Eforce package, driveshaft, axles, torssen diff, ... and most expensive the importtaxes and TVA), that would have been thrown away and now those parts still can be used.

The car idled very good and first minutes it acted great.
But the launch from zero was deadly. Thought it was at the end of third that it blew. Since its an auto trans it can't be pulled into too high rmp's.

Guess there was just a weak rod, my luck. Just like my new problem with the tires. Ordered 315 but they actualy turn out to be 330. And Toyo hasn't got a 305 in 20" so that would mean that I need 19"

And so the story goes on :birgits_tiredcoffee

gtman

forum member
Reaction score
Can you send the tires back or are you stuck with them?

philip_mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Don't now yet, just sent a mail to the tire compagnie.

If it was my fault because I didn't measure thing up correctly I would understand that they don't take them back.

But if you order a 315 and they are 330 ... I'm not going to give up easily :)
Maybe they'll give a really good price for the 305's.
But I hope they take them back AND give a good price.

We'll see

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! That stinks about the engine blowing so quickly after the blower install. Hope you have better luck with the new engine.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome! Car looks very nice. On one hand I am sorry to hear about the engine, and on the other excited your getting one built to replace it =]

philip_mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Blown engine update

Time for a little update!
The engine is out

So it was time to examin things a bit better and this is what came out
Piston nr 2

and so there turned out to be 2 holes in the bottom, you could see right through it they said!
The supercharger inhaled some small metal debrie but there were only minor very small scratches to the rotors and sidewall so that should not be a problem they told me. Everything got cleaned out and instepcted, intercooler included.
And this is in the air as we speak!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Philip,

Looking good buddy ..........

IMG_4634.jpg

Terry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back