News and times from Orlando!!!!

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Well.....all I can say is:

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

This sucker is nice!!!! Missed time trials and the first qualifying session while I was tinkering with Butch and gone to get the drag radials mounted. Came back in time for the second session and was rather pleased with my new twins. I will say up front that I need to get a converter and get the tune worked a little bit. Richard has a nice, safe tune in the car but he only had time for two pulls on the car. First sixty feet are dead. Leaves like an N/A stocker. Had a 2.152 sixty foot. Blah. However, around 80-90 feet out the turbos spool up and this sucker hauls ass. Went 11.84 @ 122.52 on the first run with the new system. Damn thing just keeps pulling down track.

Second qualifier I decided to put more rpm into the launch but with the stock converter I can only get 1800 rpm. I also told myself that I was happy with the 11.84 as my index would be an 11.74 for Sunday so I clicked the car after the 1000 foot clocks. Sixty foot was 2.125. So about .03 better. Incrementals were all .03 quicker even at 1000 feet. The mph at the 1/8 clocks was .10 faster so the car was very consistent.

First round this morning I draw Paul Gamino in a JDM customer car. He was 11.70 and I was 11.74. R/T's were almost identical but the twin screw put 1/2 a car on me by the sixty foot clocks. Once the turbos came up I instantly pulled right out on him by over a car length. Pedaled the car down track to put a bumper on him but I made it a little too close. Took the win though. Sixty foot was 2.122 this time. Incrementals were a tad bit faster but would only have been around 11.78 or so. Decided to take the spare and jack out of the car for round 2.

Second round I took a nap. I know....sorry. But think about this....I've NEVER had to spot anyone two seconds at the tree. Hell, I usually leave first! Anyway, I was staring at the ambers and thought, "You're late, sucker." And I was. His .032 to my .072. Decided to run it out the back door and hope he was off his dial. He was....but not enough. Went 11.751 on an 11.74 index and ran 123.59 mph!!!! I was pissed about losing but everyone else was tickled at the mph.

So the first race didn't go as planned but the car shows incredible promise. Keep in mind that Butch was completely, bone-damned stock before the twins went on. Now, he is capable of 123 mph runs. All thanks to the Team Performance Products/Exile Turbo Systems "GT Heritage Twin Turbo System". We are going to put a PI multi-disc in the car in the next week or two. Probably go with either 3200 or 3500 stall speed. The guys are also going to put the roll bar in for me while the car is out there in California. Nice. I have another racer telling me that I need 4.10 gears. I'm thinking 3.73's. Not sure right now.

Oh well. I hate that I went out in round 2 but at least the guy that beat me went on to win. DynoJoe was the runner up. He got Chris Parisi in the first round, bye in the second, and Chris Matters in the third (I think). Good day for Joe. Next race is the NMRA race in Reynolds, GA. Don't think I will get the car back before then so I'll use that race as seat time for the FFW Commerce race the next weekend. Looking for 11.20's or so once the converter and tuning are finalized. Damn....I've got an eleven second car. After an absolutely miserable February, the month of March is looking pretty good.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, awesome. Get the 60' figured out and that mph (124mph) is good for 10.90's.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
omg... please tell me you raced for 30 years?!?! haha.. Awesome numbers

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats, sorry I missed it...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
very nice #s congrats - must feel great!

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Bad ass brother! I want to see some more under hood pics of thing!

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice times, next time drink a red bull before you go up there and you will be cutting some awesome lights. and awesome mph

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Usually don't need the energy drinks. Looking back over the events leading up to that round I just got out of my routine. And, like I said before, I've NEVER had to spot someone two seconds. This is new territory for me but I'm a quick learner!

Reynolds is going to be fun and Commerce should be even more interesting. I'm still kind of shocked at the car. Completely stock GT with a twin kit runs 123 mph. I picked up over two seconds and twenty five miles per hour with just this kit. Skipped right over the 13 and 12 second zones!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome. That car is going to be wild with a better converter.

vistablueFTW

Reaction score
Usually don't need the energy drinks. Looking back over the events leading up to that round I just got out of my routine. And, like I said before, I've NEVER had to spot someone two seconds. This is new territory for me but I'm a quick learner!

Reynolds is going to be fun and Commerce should be even more interesting. I'm still kind of shocked at the car. Completely stock GT with a twin kit runs 123 mph. I picked up over two seconds and twenty five miles per hour with just this kit. Skipped right over the 13 and 12 second zones!

How much did you pay for the turbo kit?? what psi springs u running 8 psi?? thanks!

Don-

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Kit should be priced around $9K. I can probably get it a little cheaper than that but not much. It is higher priced than most kits on the market but it really is worth the money.

The turbos are set at 8 pounds of boost. They are Garrett GT2871-R dual ball bearing units.

And an Update:

We are NOT going to be in Reynolds for the NMRA race. We are skipping that race and Joliet so we can concentrate on the four NMRA events where they are going to be running their new "UltraStang" type class. Not sure what they are going to call the class yet. Milan, Atco, Columbus, and Bowling Green. Sponsor does not want to be diving off into Mod Muscle then have to switch classes back and forth. I agree with him on this one. Also gives us another week to get the converter, subframe connectors, roll bar, and rear suspension done before the Commerce FFW race. Still trying to find a transmission shield so we can be legal under 11.00.

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I've looked at that option but I don't like the blanket being in close proximity to turbos. They don't allow any airflow over and around the transmission so it heats up. Plus, they're a bitch to take on and off. I will be driving this thing on the street when it comes back from Weirdifornia and I don't want to be crawling under the car to take it off then put it back on again.

I also had a blanket hang up a shift lever before. The resulting kaboom was costly and damn near deafening.

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We are NOT going to be in Reynolds for the NMRA race. We are skipping that race and Joliet so we can concentrate on the four NMRA events where they are going to be running their new "UltraStang" type class. Not sure what they are going to call the class yet. Milan, Atco, Columbus, and Bowling Green. Sponsor does not want to be diving off into Mod Muscle then have to switch classes back and forth. I agree with him on this one. Also gives us another week to get the converter, subframe connectors, roll bar, and rear suspension done before the Commerce FFW race. Still trying to find a transmission shield so we can be legal under 11.00.

Sounds like you and your sponsor have a good game plan. I am looking forward to seeing this new class take off and next year be incorporated into a more permanent schedule.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back