Nitrous Help

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
I am just basically curious about N2O. I have read the good and bad. I have read that I am going to have to get a tune. The problem I am having is I have read that some people have to change there plugs after every shot. Or every other shot. Oil HAS to be changed after every shot and A lot of other things HAVE to be changed after a shot.

Can someone that is running N2O what there experiences are? I have never ran n2o before and I won't until I have done A LOT of homework on it and have messed with it some more. But is 6-900.00 really worth the extra instant power or should I just stay far far away and get a blower.

And mod's if I posted this in the wrong section I do apologize.

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
WOW

I am just basically curious about N2O. I have read the good and bad. I have read that I am going to have to get a tune. The problem I am having is I have read that some people have to change there plugs after every shot. Or every other shot. Oil HAS to be changed after every shot and A lot of other things HAVE to be changed after a shot.

Can someone that is running N2O what there experiences are? I have never ran n2o before and I won't until I have done A LOT of homework on it and have messed with it some more. But is 6-900.00 really worth the extra instant power or should I just stay far far away and get a blower.

And mod's if I posted this in the wrong section I do apologize.

I would get a turbo due to cost and power because nitrous is like having sex fun then done, turbo or blower last and last and the power doesn't die after every hit.

1) Whomever told you you have to change plugs every 1 or two shots is a fucking idiot and has no experience in nitrous or has a top fuel nitrous car where they change every basic part at the end of the race.

2) Change your oil normally 3K once again this person is a fucking idiot and wants your to waste money. If you beat on it a lot and are spraying out the ass I would down it to 2500 mile oil changes.

The only things that need to be changed with the additon of the tune is that you will need to go to 1 stage colder plug with a 100shot or more I used to spray 125 shot and you may want to add a BAP for fuel safty.

And the fact that you bottle will need to be changed frequently costing $40+ in most cases which is why, I sold my nitrous system I bought it for aroudn $700(nitrous express plate kit) and probably added double that to the cost in bottle fills over 2 years.

SRTthis

Reaction score
there is some truth to the oil and plugs... i wouldnt do they EVERY pass on a street car but i would do it every time you take it to the track. we do the oil every weekend we take it out and plugs every pass but we are hitting it with a good amount of nitrous.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
i have been running a 100 shot for 2 years now going to the track allmost every weekend.keep in mind i run in an 1/8 mile only but anyways my plugs get changed about every 10k miles and my oil every 3k.this is my dd as well.i havent had any problems at all and yes it gets a little expensive having to refill the bottle but i get it for 25 bucks.
if we had to change the plugs everytime we spray i dont think anyone here will be using nitrous taking in account the price of the plugs for this car.
youll be ok just make sure to go 1 step colder on the plug and get a tune for it.

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
i have been running a 100 shot for 2 years now going to the track allmost every weekend.keep in mind i run in an 1/8 mile only but anyways my plugs get changed about every 10k miles and my oil every 3k.this is my dd as well.i havent had any problems at all and yes it gets a little expensive having to refill the bottle but i get it for 25 bucks.
if we had to change the plugs everytime we spray i dont think anyone here will be using nitrous taking in account the price of the plugs for this car.
youll be ok just make sure to go 1 step colder on the plug and get a tune for it.

Stock bottom end?

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
yes sir.engine mods are cai,udp and cmdp internals are all stock.

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
Well the guys at performance products told me I can get a fill for around 25-30 a bottle. They can also get me the zex black kit? For around 650.00 plus another 150 for install. And that is them running everything and hiding all the lines. They showed me one of there cars a gto and I honestly couldn't tell it had nitrous until I looked in the trunk. That and the ambient green glow from the control box tucked under the cai. Looked really sick. And they said that with the black kit the days of manually cranking open the bottle were over. So I dunno. I told them I still had a lot of homework to do before I was ready to take a steroid shot that could blow my engine to pieces. They said if I got the kit they would put 75 shot jets in until I got used to it. But they said I definitely could not even attempt to run my car and being an amateur until I got a good tune

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
Well the guys at performance products told me I can get a fill for around 25-30 a bottle. They can also get me the zex black kit? For around 650.00 plus another 150 for install. And that is them running everything and hiding all the lines. They showed me one of there cars a gto and I honestly couldn't tell it had nitrous until I looked in the trunk. That and the ambient green glow from the control box tucked under the cai. Looked really sick. And they said that with the black kit the days of manually cranking open the bottle were over. So I dunno. I told them I still had a lot of homework to do before I was ready to take a steroid shot that could blow my engine to pieces. They said if I got the kit they would put 75 shot jets in until I got used to it. But they said I definitely could not even attempt to run my car and being an amateur until I got a good tune

a tuned 75 shot is very safe for this engines and i really dont think it would cause any harm to the engine unless is caused by user error or a really shitty tune.youll be ok.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
What kind of times do you run? Is it faster than a 2011 GT?

on motor i run 8.10 and on bottle i just went 7.29 but usually is in the 7.30s.
keep in mind those mods i listed are only for the engine i do have more things done to the car.

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
They said if I got the kit they would put 75 shot jets in until I got used to it. But they said I definitely could not even attempt to run my car and being an amateur until I got a good tune
I'm sure I'll regret even talking about nitrous... but Brenspeed did an article you should read. According to the article there are guys running a 75 shot with NO-TUNE, NO PROBLEMS, and ZEX says it's SAFE. I tend to agree on a Mustang that has VCT and really don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks at this point. Over a 75 shot they say you need a tune and going to a colder plug is a given even with the 75 shot. Here's the article: http://www.brenspeed.com/zexinstall.htm

Last edited:

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I ran a 75-100 shot on my 2006 GT which was an auto and it was a blast. Gets pretty addicting and I was beginning to fill bottles a bit regularly haha.

I have purchased a kit for the 2011 ;)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back