Noisy 3v 2004-up phazers!

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Livernois Motorsports has the fix. Does you truck have noisy cam phazers? This is the only one time fix for this known problem.

lockout-tuner-kit.jpg

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
None of you forum members out there have phazer noise on your 04+ ford trucks?

We are installing these in the shop on a regular basis.

This is the only true fix for phazer noise.

Last edited:

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
They probably don't want to pay $650 for 2 pieces of aluminum and a tuner when they can get a timing kit and replace the phasers for half the price...

32V Stang

Reaction score
Will it legally pass inspection for emissions with vct disabled?

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
changing the phazers to the newest Ford generation that function at the lower pressure is only a short term or non fix depending on engine condition. Most of the people calling to get this product have already spent tons of money on parts and labor changing the phazers with no positive result. Once this kit is used. No more noise.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of it being an issue in the trucks. My 08 5.4 is coming up on 70k and is still quiet. My grandparents 05 5.4 is over 80k and is still quiet.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of it being an issue in the trucks. My 08 5.4 is coming up on 70k and is still quiet. My grandparents 05 5.4 is over 80k and is still quiet.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

that's because most phaser issues stem from lack of oil changes and or use of cheap aftermarket filters and or improper oil weight. If 3v's are properly maintained they tend to be trouble free. If replacing the phasers with updated phasers is a temporary fix then that indicates either a base engine concern(ie lack of base oil pressure) or solenoid 's getting debris/sludge in them.

ExSRT8Guy

Been There, Done That
Reaction score
My '06 Explorer 2WD (3/06 build) still runs like new, and is dead quiet.

I'm not sure posting "truck" fixes on a Mustang forum is the best way to generate a lot of interest ; )

auto02

HUGE member!
Reaction score
Almost every 5.4 3v I know of(friends and family) have had serious issues. I'm a die hard Ford guy but never will I own one. Funny that 4.6 3v's never really had this issue. I have some friends at the local Ford dealer and they have replaced countless engines,mainly in 04-07 trucks.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back