Not a good day....

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, so I had the stang in the garage on stands for 17 days. Replaced the clutch, flywheel, slave/throwout bearing and pilot bearing. Figured why I hadthe exhaust off installed some bbk headers. Replaced the pinion seal and replaced the differential cover. Took it off the stands and gave it a couple of times around the block everything is perfect.... Until I open the drivers side door and the door crunches my fender... Not happy at all, quite pissed. Can't even open the door today... Any idea what happened. I am beside myself...
image.jpg1_6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Somehow your front fender moved back.

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
I had the hood open and there are no signs of the fender moving. I'm thinking it's more of the door moving because the gap is bad between door and rear quarter. I'm pissed.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
sounds like the result of being on jack stands improperly for too long a time

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Dude this sucks, and I hate it for you. I'm certainly no body man, but I agree with the others...signs point to incorrect jack stand location that has caused the uni-body or front sub-frame to tweak some how. Where EXACTLY did you have the stands? Pinch welds, cross member, axle?

I would think that 17 days is a long time for a heavy car to sit if the stands were not in their proper location.

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, it moved during driving. I didn't hit anything. Opened the door and crunch. Buckled the door. My concern is after sitting overnight the door will not open at all without damage.

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
Dude this sucks, and I hate it for you. I'm certainly no body man, but I agree with the others...signs point to incorrect jack stand location that has caused the uni-body or front sub-frame to tweak some how. Where EXACTLY did you have the stands? Pinch welds, cross member, axle?

I would think that 17 days is a long time for a heavy car to sit if the stands were not in their proper location.

image.jpg1_7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
That slot where, the factory jack is suppose to fit. Your avatar scares the hell out of me and I'm 46. The theory of the front clip bending makes a little sense except the passenger side is perfect.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Obviously an aftermarket fender, I doubt the body bent (without snapping back,) I would guess the fender bolts loosened up and that part shifted. what about the door to body bolts - I can't recall what plane they operate in, should be fore-aft. Might have slotted holes.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
My sons car. He's going to kill me.

You're working on your sons car and also signed in under your sons account here???? Cuz you start out speaking in first person then switch. Your avatar matches the car in the pic.

You sure this ain't a troll??? Jus askin. There's a dent on the door in the first pic under the mirror and I'm having trouble wrapping my mind about being able to get in the car, driving it and then things being revealed AFTER the fact. Hmmmmm..... You sure you didn't crash your car and forget? Lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back