Novi1200 pulley questions

06Rousher

forum member
Reaction score
After the intercooler goes on I plan to swap the pulley with 3.33 size to compensate for the 1-2 psi lost..

But before that, is the swap as straight forward as unbolting it and changing them? Also does it require swapping out the belt?

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Getting the pulley off can be a pain if it's been on for a long time and with no anti seize. What pulley do you have now?

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
I just take my head unit to a speed shop and they take an impact to it and we're done in 2 minutes. If you have an impact then I hate you, just make sure the pulley goes on correctly.

I'm running a 3.4 on the stock belt.

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
I just take my head unit to a speed shop and they take an impact to it and we're done in 2 minutes. If you have an impact then I hate you, just make sure the pulley goes on correctly.

I'm running a 3.4 on the stock belt.

^This. I leave my unit on the car, leave the belt tightened for tension, and spin it off with my impact.

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Me either, all I know is it's making 8psi. Would the 3.33 be the correct one for 10psi?

Would depend on your current size pulley and mods. Sure someone experienced with this kit wil chime in.

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
Vortech Si, long tubes, and C&L manifold with 3.4" pulley at 6,500 I made 10 psi through the Vortech Aftercooler. I think a 3.33 will put you close to 10.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back