NT555 Extreme vs Goodyear Supercar F1

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
As the title says, anyone tried both? Looking for a good tire for the street. I currently have the Supercar F1's but was curious about the NT555 Extremes since I want them to still be 285/40/18

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a set of 555's since my fox body and I have only driven the goodyears on a test drive of an 09 GT500. From those two examples, the 555's were great for my fox and the goodyears were absolutely dreadful on the GT500. It may have been the lack of balance of the GT500 but the front end grip was severely lacking.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ran 555s for awhile. Currently running f1's 285/40/18s all on four corners. I like them better they are definetly a summer tire though, when cold first driving they are a bit slick. When they ever get worn out I want to try out nt05's or the new nittos coming out.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
555's all the way. There are only 2 reasons to run those F1's. Either you want to learn how to drive the car, and understand that lower levels of grip force a faster learning curve, or you're cheap and see the price tag of the GY's and salivate.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Good years suck!!! I hated them and will go with anything but them. I just put nt05s on my car and they are about the same in the rain but have a ton more grip. Go with the 555.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have used them both. The NT555 works great as a tire in all weather and temperature, except snow/ice. The NT555s are not very good for corner carving, either.

I wouldn't drive Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars below 50*F. Seriously, they are that scary.

FWIW, I use NT555s for daily-driver use and some 285 F1s for autocross. The F1 supercars get a bad rap, but they are actually decent for corner-carving if you get heat in them first. They are not drag racing tires; you cannot launch hard in them. I would not use them for daily driving, either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back