Odd clutch pedal issue??

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
Driving it this morning I noticed that there is about 2" s that I push down with almost no pressure then It feels like it's pressing the pressure plate. It's also notchy as hell. I tried pushing with two fingers and pedal goes down same amount and then I can feel resistance.. It's almost like the pedal is higher than it was I find myself resting with the slack pressed out but then the pedal throw seems short. WTF

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
My buddy was just telling me tonight he's having the same issue with his '11. He says it feels like there's not return spring towards the top of the pedal.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Your clutch is shot, the diaphram has self centered itself and thats what your feeling. A good Mcleod clutch will fix you right up and handle all the power that your future mods will give you. If I can be of any help just give me a call.

Thanks,

JJ

2011GT1979

12.3@110
Reaction score
This is how it started out for me also. Then a week later I was stuck in traffic and I could not get it into gear at a red light and had to have it towed to a Ford dealership.

All the dowels broke that hold the pressure plate in place on the clutch and keep it aligned.

Take it to Ford and bitch. My car has been in the shop for over a month. They gave me a shitty mazda 3 rental and paid my car payment. But ford does not have any parts to fix it stock right now.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
take your car back to the dealer.. its a warranty covered issue.. mine was doing the samething last week,, they repalced the clutch and brake master cylinders allready, and its still having problems.. the trans is getting pulled today for the presure plate and slave cylinder. your pedal WILL get worse.. min had NO engagement and i couldnt hardley get into gear even. only thing that blows about this is that the same parts that will eventually do the samething again will be going back in from Ford.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Until Ford has updated/better parts to replace, yes, the same parts are going to be installed for now.

Any fix at this point I'd consider to be a temporary fix. It sounds like the pressure plate is failing on all these, and so far, there is no updated part from Ford.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
i will go ahead and have the stocker put in for now.. and will be buying my new clutch in Nov then when this all happens again (because it WILL) i will just have the aftermarket clutch kit installed instead of another stocker.. i agree this IS BS.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
im hoping to have my car back this week sometime but everything ive read/heard is that all these parts are on back order and people arent getting thier stangs back for 3weeks to a month... because im driving this loaner chevy aveo.. and it BLOWS!! i feel like im driving a new camaro SS.. haha!

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
I REFUSE to but a 1300 dollar clutch for my 400hp brand new car. So as far as I'm concerned ford can keep fixing it on there dime

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
400 is better. However I paid 220 for my 03 stock clutch that handled way more power than 400 hp. Ford needs to release a decent clutch and pressure plate.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
$320-$500 for a SINGLE disk clutch.. and $1k + for dual disk from Lethal.. i just got off the phone w/ them.

2011GT1979

12.3@110
Reaction score
If mine keeps breaking I will file for a Lemon and get a damn auto. Mine has been down for over 1 month now and it is starting to piss me off. Considering in Indiana you can file a lemon complaint is the car has been down for 30 working days. October 4th will be 30 working days.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
If mine keeps breaking I will file for a Lemon and get a damn auto. Mine has been down for over 1 month now and it is starting to piss me off. Considering in Indiana you can file a lemon complaint is the car has been down for 30 working days. October 4th will be 30 working days.

If it comes to that good luck getting it done, hope you wont have to.

See the problem is that the clutch issue does not rear its ugly head until you put a tune on the car and shift above the stock rev limiter. A stock car's clutch will be fine all day long with the updated pedal assembly so Ford has no reason to upgrade the clutch to handle more RPM's. If you want a clutch that will handle the added power and higher RPM's then you will have to bite the bullet and buy an aftermarket one.

If anyone is interested in a Mcleod clutch give us a call, our prices on Mcleod wont be beat. :thumb2:

JJ

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back