Odd clutch pedal issue??

Intervention

forum member
Reaction score
What are the side effects of an "over-centered" clutch? Apart from weird pedal feel. Does it limit the clamping force of the PP?

My clutch is acting up the same as the OP with 2" of "slack" in the pedal.

My story is strange though. My clutch assembly and PP have already been replaced. I complained and complained and got one out of Ford. When it broke it broke the dowel pins and wouldnt shift for anything. Now the pedal feels strange, but the car shifts better than it ever has. I can shift as fast as I want 100 times, and miss maybe 1 shift. It use to stick to the floor, i no longer have that problem essentially

I am headed to the track this wednesday, hoping for the best

Reaction score
Is this the 'clutch stayout issue' that i have been reading about?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Is Ford giving any of you guys with the clutch problems any shit about having an aftermarket tune on the car?

My service guys are pretty "by the book", and they don't mind. However, I wouldn't mention racing, or shifting at 7k, or anything that will give them a reason to even think about giving you shit about it.

2011GT1979

12.3@110
Reaction score
If it comes to that good luck getting it done, hope you wont have to.

See the problem is that the clutch issue does not rear its ugly head until you put a tune on the car and shift above the stock rev limiter. A stock car's clutch will be fine all day long with the updated pedal assembly so Ford has no reason to upgrade the clutch to handle more RPM's. If you want a clutch that will handle the added power and higher RPM's then you will have to bite the bullet and buy an aftermarket one.

If anyone is interested in a Mcleod clutch give us a call, our prices on Mcleod wont be beat. :thumb2:

JJ

I actually do shift mine at 6700 RPM. When it was on the dyno it didn't make any more power after that. I have probably touched the 7k mark twice. The car has only been to the track onces and down the strips 3 times that day.

There is a local guy to me with a 100 shot, 4.10 gears, LCA's, Bigs, Littles, full exhaust, and a 1 piece drive shaft that his car lives at the track every weekend with nearly 7k miles on it with no clutch issues at all. Still on the stock clutch still holding like crazy. That has to be with close to 60+ track passes on it by now to.

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
well just got back from the dealer, Sheared all the dowel pins off the flywheel and the fingers on the PP are bent... oh and I missed the TSB by 1 day

RSKtakR

Reaction score
well just got back from the dealer, Sheared all the dowel pins off the flywheel and the fingers on the PP are bent... oh and I missed the TSB by 1 day

you missed the TSB by one day?? you mean the TSB for the pedal its self right?? im still waiting for my dealer to call me to tell me the same news you got. did they say how long it would take for them to get the parts and get your car back to you??

RSKtakR

Reaction score
ya the pedal assembly TSB... Looks like its going to be 2-5 days for parts.. So i assume 1 1/2 weeks..

jeeeeezus.. if i have to drive this shitty loaner aveo any longer then this week i think my balls are just going fall off...

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
I cant see how it can, unless the parts are back ordered. But so far it looks like i'm getting a new Flywheel, PP and clutch.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I cant see how it can, unless the parts are back ordered. But so far it looks like i'm getting a new Flywheel, PP and clutch.
ive read that all those parts are on back order, HOWEVER i think that was like last month or something, im not to sure. im hoping otherwise though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back