Official S197 BIKE Thread.... Pics!!!! Post em up!!

CRICKET

forum member
Reaction score
The nice thing about this rack is it can be off the vehicle in about 10 seconds. It mounts using suction cups!

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Damn right it does. SeaSucker. :)

RJXLUJ0.jpg

Oh yeah, that is at 80mph on the highway coming back from a ride with some buddies. Guy snapped a pic with his HTC Evo and it came out really nice, like I am parked on the highway haha.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
What are you gonna do? Put a hitch on a Mustang? Hell no. Wait, my friend with an '05 GT did. Fail.

Huge misconception on the SeaSucker. They use vacuum cups, not suction. I drove in an absolute downpour over 90 miles at 80ish mph with a steel hardtail 29er strapped to the roof of the Mustang. Never lost any vacuum in any of the cups.

Last edited:

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Me and my Honda ST1300A on Mulholland Highway.

Attachments

• _SPH5357-Edit.jpg
    _SPH5357-Edit.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 23

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
My 08 Kawasaki vulcan 1600 nomad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 12

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score
I was in and out of the Seabee base for 15 years. I rode my 78 Suzuki GS1000 from Florida to Pt Hueneme in 1978. Modified the shit out of it, raced it at Riverside and the old Ontario motor speed way.

Riding up to the Rock Store was a blast. Some of the trickest shit would show up and back then you could rip thru the mountains. I know the CHP have cracked down on that. Back then you could go up the road and there would be these guys doing 2 up drag racing.

Man do i miss those mountains!!!

TenSpeed

Reaction score
This thread is far too dead.

Ended up selling that white single speed bike to a local guy.

Picked up a Felt TK3 fixed gear in May I think? 49:15 is the gearing on this one.

AZzSLYf.png

Swapped out the saddle and installed bullhorns. Picture is in night commute mode with lights attached

That wasn't enough for me. Picked up this Framed Minnesota 2.0 from a buddy who decided to stop riding.

Ywalu27.png

He added the Thomson setback post. I swapped out the stem and thew shorter bars on there.

Well, that wasn't enough either. Recently picked up this Jamis Sonik fixed gear from eBay. 49:15 is the gearing on this as well.

Ox4ePON.png

Swapped out the stem to the white one, and then decided that there was not enough rise so I picked up a gloss red Ritchey WCS stem instead. Swapped some Bontrager pursuit bullhorns, added a front brake, swapped saddles 50 times, and called it a day. The frame is aluminum with a carbon fork, carbon cranks, and a carbon seatpost which is all stock. The American Classic 420 red wheels are also stock. Here is how it sits today.

MChkr9K.png

I have commuted to work on all 3 bikes so far, and am just shy of 2800 miles for the year. Shooting for 3000 before December 31st at midnight.

Speed Junky

Reaction score
My DD, 2006 CBR1000RR with basic bolt ons (not installed at the time).
And my weekend warrior, 2010 GT Force Carbon; x0 component set, Fox shox.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 26

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
going to go ahead and revive this thread. looking at getting a new 29er mtb to start riding and get myself back in shape. looking at either a motobecane, trek, specialized

TenSpeed

Reaction score
What kind of riding do you plan on doing? What kind of terrain is there?

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
I picked up a ti 29er motobecane. Road her for the first time on the trail today. We have 5/6 trail parks near where I live .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back