Official S197 BIKE Thread.... Pics!!!! Post em up!!

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score
Cyclocross season in full swing. 60 min full effort training race tonight, avg heart rate....165 bpm.

gotta love it!!

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a first time cyclocross race? Thinking next season might be my first. I have done a few mtb races, but those are quite different. I need to learn the whole fast dismount and remount in one motion thing, and it looks pretty tough.

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score
My first experience with cross was on a Mtb bike. They can be used, just no bar ends allowed. It was a blast. Races can last from 30 min to an hour depending on what class you entered.

Velo News had some videos with pros doing dismounts and remounts. I am sure youtube has plenty.

A dedicated cross bike should be faster then a mtb bike but fitness plays a huge roll.
They can be had used for sure. Keeping that fitness during the cold ass weather can be tough.

Do it now with your mtb bike. See if there are any training races going on. That way you can ride at what ever pace you want and you can stop, start, stop start all you want.

Ecko

Reaction score
Here is my rig. Trek Rumblefish Elite. Parked in front of Gator Back, Alafia.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Do it now with your mtb bike. See if there are any training races going on. That way you can ride at what ever pace you want and you can stop, start, stop start all you want.

Sold my 2011 Titus Racer X 29er to get this Cross bike. Damn shame, because that Titus was hooked up!! Thomson seatpost/stem, Chris King headset, Hope Pro II hubs, X9, Truvativ cranks, Avid Elixir CR hyrdaulic brakes, RockShox Reba SL up front, Fox RP23 on the ass end. Squishy like a marshmallow, but just ripped the trails.

Fresh build, before the rear brake hose was cut and bled.

Titus-1_zps8a395fbf.png

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score
Damn, that indoor set up is nice.

looks like you guys have some great balance!!!!!

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Took advantage of the nice day we had and got out and hit a local trail.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383700674318.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383700674318.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 21
  • uploadfromtaptalk1383700716416.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383700716416.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 19

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Took advantage of an online sale, and took a dive into a world that I am unfamiliar with. Pics when it comes in the mail, and I assemble it.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
No sir. I have ridden one, and I liked it, but I don't see myself on one. I may change my mind when the white stuff is knee deep.

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score
Those Surly Pugsleys are quite popular here in the east.

I few of my buds even ride the single speed version. Too heavy for my liking.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
They will put a shit eating grin on your face for sure when you ride one if you get the chance. Way too much weight for me, and while it would be fun in the snow here, I don't think I would get much use of it the rest of the year.

CRICKET

forum member
Reaction score
Took the plunge and bought a Hard Rock 29'er to get back into riding. I used to ride alot 15-20 years ago but not much since then. With the weather getting nice down here in Louisiana I figured it was a good time to hit some trails. Also looking into riding in surrounding states. Let me know if y'all have any favorite places to ride. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384005572.911999.jpg

TenSpeed

Reaction score
I had that same Hardrock 29er. Was my first 29er actually. Your saddle looks a little low, but I don't know how tall you are. First thing I did with that bike was change the brakes, as the stock brakes were absolutely garbage. Cool bike though, had a blast on mine. Now that I look at mine, my saddle looks a little low. I didn't know enough about bikes when I got it, and rode mine too low.

Specialized.png

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Took the plunge and bought a Hard Rock 29'er to get back into riding. I used to ride alot 15-20 years ago but not much since then. With the weather getting nice down here in Louisiana I figured it was a good time to hit some trails. Also looking into riding in surrounding states. Let me know if y'all have any favorite places to ride. View attachment 45449

That's awesome your getting back into it. I haven't been riding long but but I am already hooked! I used to ride dirt bikes/ATVs and never understood people riding bicycles, until recently when I picked one up lol
We have over 400 miles of interlocking trails here in southern Ky and Norther Tn. Heres a link to the trail map that I have for this area http://www.natgeomaps.com/ti_241 these are around $12 bucks to buy and totally worth it:thumbup:

You can view all of the states trails maps at www.natgeomaps.com, just click on "trail maps" or "trails illustrated maps"

GTKIDD - cool pictures, I must have overlooked those before.
Thanks man!

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Well, I bought another bike. I have been commuting to work recently, and until we are ass deep in snow, I am gonna keep riding. Cold is fine, wet and snow is not. Sooooooo, I crossed over to the hipster side. 56cm single speed with the fixed gear option (currently running single speed) and some of the crappiest brakes known to man, a slightly used gloss black Aerospoke front wheel, and bullhorns. It is from www.bigshotbikes.com and they were on sale, so I got one. I did a shake down ride today, up to the bike shop for a little assembly help, minor tweaks and some Shimano clip pedals. Poked a hole in the tube swapping the tire off the stock wheel onto the Aerospoke, and ended up picking up a Specialized Armadillo front tire. My friend at the shop said that these are great tires, and you don't get too many flats with them. Cool with me.

tSkCBYWl.png

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
Cool! I've been wanting a single speed for a while now, don't think my knees will play nice with a fixie though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back