On3 Turbo kit Question

TheToad

Reaction score
I have been a lurker for a few months researching turbo kits and finally decided to pull the plug and buy the On3 kit. The kits look nicer than I expected. It came in today and it was missing some parts. I email the owner and going to put a call in with him tommorow. So does anyone know how well On3 customer service is? Will he replace the missing parts. This is whats missing.

No 02 bund in drivers side pipe.
Throttle Body to 3" coupler.
All silicone coupler, T-Bolts, and V-Bands.
Vacuum line kit.
The mount for the mass air meter.
Insulator tube for top radiator.

If he doesn't replace the missing parts I need to know how many and what size of couplers, T-bolts, and v-Bands I need to get. There is no part list in the instruction. Sorry for the long post.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I just got my kit and got it installed.

First off you don't need an O2 bung in the drivers side pipe. That O2 sensor is in the exhaust manifold.

The throttle body to 3" coupler should come with the kit.

They no longer supply a vacuum line kit is what they told me a week or two when I called. You can get these parts at a local auto parts store.

The mount for the mass air meter is an option I believe. I ordered it and had them weld it into the last charge pipe before the tb.

I also didn't get the insulator tube for the top radiator hose. After I installed the piping I didn't see how you could make it work anyhow so I just relocated the coolant tank to the drivers side strut tower.

Hope this helps

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have been a lurker for a few months researching turbo kits and finally decided to pull the plug and buy the On3 kit. The kits look nicer than I expected. It came in today and it was missing some parts. I email the owner and going to put a call in with him tommorow. So does anyone know how well On3 customer service is? Will he replace the missing parts. This is whats missing.

No 02 bund in drivers side pipe.
Not supposed to be
Throttle Body to 3" coupler.
Should be a 3" to 4" straight coupler
All silicone coupler, T-Bolts, and V-Bands.
Call them.
Vacuum line kit.
See fuel's post
The mount for the mass air meter.
This is an additional option
Insulator tube for top radiator.
Not really needed

If he doesn't replace the missing parts I need to know how many and what size of couplers, T-bolts, and v-Bands I need to get. There is no part list in the instruction. Sorry for the long post.

Thier customer service is great Chad was very helpful.

Also pm me your email and i can send you the install directions.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I found it alot more helpful to call them with any questions that I had with the kit. It only took a minute or two on the phone and my questions were answered.

TheToad

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot about the 02's is in the manifold. Do you know how much that mount for the mass air is? I have access to a tig welder. And lightblade he sent the instruction on CD thanks for the offer. The kit needs a part list I'm still not sure if I received everything.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I didn't recieve a parts list either. I also think that the kit should come with one of these. I take it that you didn't get the maf upgrade from them. If you had you would have gotten the flange with it, they charged me an extra $35 to have the flange welded in.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
The flanges go for arond $30.

Pics of what came in my kit.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=505436&postcount=98

They change things from time to time also. I didnt recieve any heat wrap with my kit. I called them to ask about it and they said that they no longer recommend it? I didn't think that was right so I just flebayed so heat wrap(but as we now i did that too late and made more work for myself)

Here is my pics of everything i got in the kit
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53977

TheToad

Reaction score
Thanks fuel it looks just like the box that had the couplers and clamps didn't make it into one of the boxes. And how far away from the throttle body does the maf need to be mounted? Thanks again.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
If you look in my pics in the link that i posted you can see the maf flange welded into the tube that is the second one behind the air filter. It just needs to be in a straight section of pipe with no bends on either side of it

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Distance from the tb isnt as important, the main thing you want is a good 10-12 inches of straight pipe before the maf for a good clean signal.

Here's an idea of where to mount, i would personaly move it a few inches closer to the bend before the tb.

DSCN6138.jpg

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
i am a dealer for this kit. it is a great kit for the money, and makes great power. they hold up very good under every day driving and and even track use. great kit all the way around. i would recommend it any day to any one.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If they don't provide the couplers I have 2 3" 90 degree elbows for sale in the misc section for $20 plus shipping....hopefully they will take care of your issues.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I orderd the kit, the maf flange was not included, Chad said it was an option for $ and they can weld it on for you as well.

TheToad

Reaction score
Update. I called today and talked to mike. The customer service was excellent. He is shipping out the missing pieces today( no questions asked). The maf flange is $25.00 extra and the kit no longer comes with the radiator insulator tube, roll of heat wrap, and vacuum kit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back