On3Performance 3v build

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
Wow usually the first runs are faster because the car is so much cooler although I have had days like that. What LCA/UCA you running.

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
Different I guess

Summit has UMI on sale for like 90 bucks. I was gonna go with that.

Dont know to much about that brand I have the J&M LCA and for the price AM had them at I am surprised they helped so much I think I going with their adjustable UCA since the lowers didn't do me wrong.

Turbos run better when they get hot

I am still stuck in N/A phase But I figure cooling down the motor wouldn't hurt either.

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
I am still stuck in N/A phase But I figure cooling down the motor wouldn't hurt either.
correct, you want cold air entering and cooler engine temps but want that turbo hot for a fast spool, which is why you do things like ceramic coat the hotside piping and header wrap and turbo blankets

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the principle everyone thinks applies here, doesn't.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It seems like a balance between the two to me. The cooler exhuast is of course more dense/more volume at first. But the hotter gas expands/moves faster and has more energy/flow, and both seem to play a part in spool. Then again, thats just me thinking again lol.

When im cruising at 180 degrees engine temp on the hwy it spools great, but once i romp on it for a bit and get temps up to 200 it does spool noticebaly faster. And makes more boost at lower rpms from what i have recorded with the eboost2. Granted its only 500 rpms and a 1 to 1.5 lbs, but i could feel the difference which led me to test it out and see how it was doing.

Last edited:

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
Interesting info, I think they both make perfect since when you put things in perspective.

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
I just read though this thread again to finish getting the extra parts for the kit since mine should be here hopefully tomorrow trying to have it installed by next week to get it tuned before mustang week. I think it weird that you all had some sort of problem with the headers leaking I took off my BBK Long tubes to prepare for this kit and but noticing that I had a leak from them right before I took them off.

I wanted to go with Percy extreme gaskets for high temperature builds but ninosport was out of stock I installed the FRPP header gaskets and the stock shorties and there are no leaks at all way better than before.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just to give you guys some hope with the turbo. I went a 10.79 @ 126 at 9psi last week in 85* weather. That was through a 4R70w on the transbrake though.
But those of you guys with the 5R55 and a decent stalled converter will probably be going faster... The stick guys a little slower cause you cant really leave in boost and will have to power shift the car to stay in boost.

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
Just to give you guys some hope with the turbo. I went a 10.79 @ 126 at 9psi last week in 85* weather. That was through a 4R70w on the transbrake though.
But those of you guys with the 5R55 and a decent stalled converter will probably be going faster... The stick guys a little slower cause you cant really leave in boost and will have to power shift the car to stay in boost.
sweet deal man, I'm going to our local 1/8th mile on Saturday and should have some times... probably looking to upgrade from the 3000 to a 3600 stall

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
Wow thats some good times man. I went 12.2@115 so far with a 2.0 60'. But I'll be doing to a good track friday. Then I'll intall my clutch, LCAs and the WOT and go back out again. I'm hoping to run 11.6s and I'll be happy.

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
Good luck

Wow thats some good times man. I went 12.2@115 so far with a 2.0 60'. But I'll be doing to a good track friday. Then I'll intall my clutch, LCAs and the WOT and go back out again. I'm hoping to run 11.6s and I'll be happy.

What RPM you plan on setting the WOT box at I had to set it decently low (2800-3400) with the nitrous because all the torque coming off of 1st gear spray. I hope you get the times that you are shooting for, I plan to hit the track second week in August only because I won't go back until I have 15's sitting in the rear so picking up some race stars.

i can leave in boost. i have the wot box and @4000 rpms i make 10psi.

That's what I have always known With a 2 step and a manual you leave in boost because you are building it while staging at your given RPM setting.

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to get the tires nice and hot and leave around 4,000-4,500. And shift the same at 6,100.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back