Operation Enduring Home Build

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I work for myself so my schedule is pretty flexible. ;)

I didn't work too much for roughly a month to get the majority of what you see done in this thread. I mean there is still some small things to finish right now. I think this is it for the most part other than eventually remodeling the kitchen and bathrooms with new cabinets and granite counter-tops.

• Paint Exterior
  • Fix, Paint Front Doors. Install Blinds
  • Replace Laundry Room Door
  • Replace Garage - Laundry Room Door.
  • Fix Side Entry Door and Molding.
  • Run Cat6e Shielded cable from my office to the family room, master bedroom, and technically the living room which is my fiance's office.
  • Run power and install fan in the "Living Room" / fiance's office.

DeceptionGT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I've been following this thread from the beginning and just wanted to say that you have done a great job with it. Props to you sir.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I'll be wiring the whole house with Cat6. I'm going to run electric and cable to this small towel closet by my office. I'll be doing three drops to my family room, two drops to my office, one drop to my fiance's office, and maybe two drops to the master bedroom. It should be pretty slick.

Order1.jpg

Order2.jpg

Order3.jpg

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing beats a good working fart fan! Haha. Makes browsing the forum while doing business a lot more enjoyable

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Well... Today getting ready to watch the game. My DLP in the Family Room bulb popped, it was pretty damn loud. Considering I've known that the color wheel is on the way out I decided it was not worth the possibility of spending $800, with the bulb and color wheel, to repair it. So went out to Best Buy and bought this Samsung 55" / 120 mhz. I ended up having to take the TV out of the box to get it home because it wouldn't fit in the car any way else. LOL

959b2201.jpg

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Installed the wall mount. I'm happy I found this mount because it eliminated the need to move electric, RG6 jack, etc to behind the TV.

4d36e3ed.jpg

Baylee approves!

26f52f41.jpg

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
A/C went out yesterday. Got it replaced today. We went with a Carrier 3 ton / 15 seer unit, got a great deal on it as the girl works for an A/C company.

a1c3e7d0.jpg

f059c046.jpg

Last edited:

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had your DLP? I have one that I bought in 2006. It still looks fine and I haven't seen any signs of potential problems, but I know the bulb will go out eventually. How long do the color wheels typically last?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had your DLP? I have one that I bought in 2006. It still looks fine and I haven't seen any signs of potential problems, but I know the bulb will go out eventually. How long do the color wheels typically last?

I had it since 2004-2005 or so.. The color wheels and bulbs should go much sooner than they did on my DLP. I forget the exact time frame but you should be able to find out online.

CATNHAT

forum member
Reaction score
Just stumbled upon this thread and nice work man! All that hard work pays off! Nothing like sweat equity!

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
We used to have Venetian blinds on the front doors. They were pretty nasty and old than the puppy decided to jump on them when someone came to the door. I had bought a set of faux wood blinds (like the rest of the house), had them cut, but just never installed them until yesterday. They came out great.

66f23330.jpg

e41c2891.jpg

Anything new? I need some inspiration and ideas for a new project

We just bought a bunch of stuff to get rid of our vertical blinds for our sliding glass door. $200 worth of curtains / shades (whatever you want to call them), wood scones, wood rod, etc. Pretty nice.

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, there is always something that needs $1000 worth of repair or replacement every year.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back