Operation Enduring Home Build

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Well, after trying 5 different color samples on the house. It's pretty much impossible to get this color. So the choice was decided for us.

I never thought this would be THIS hard. We pick colors that we really like and than we paint them on the house and they look completely different. It's paint and primer in one and I'm always doing two coats to make sure. Never any difference between the two coats and they don't look exactly like the card. There are some tans that come out grey-ish on the house.

It's really, really crazy and frustrating! I've gone through 10 samples, going tomorrow to pick up another 5! Out of the 10 we've already tried, there were only two colors we like.

What the current plan is to do a tan color for the house, than a light creme color for the trim, and a brown on the doors including the garage door. I've seen this done before, the brown on the garage doors, and it looks amazing. Almost emulating the high end wood garage doors. It's a really nice contrast.
Sounds like it will be a sharp lookin combo of color.
Lol I guess one wall of your house looks like a Dalmatian now huh?

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I didn't read a lot but looking at the pics you have done a great job and have much to be proud of. Congrats.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
What the current plan is to do a tan color for the house, than a light creme color for the trim, and a brown on the doors including the garage door. I've seen this done before, the brown on the garage doors, and it looks amazing. Almost emulating the high end wood garage doors. It's a really nice contrast.

I think that color plan will look good man. I've seen some garage doors painted brown that look real good like you said (high end wood looking), but then I've also seen some painted brown that looked like shit. gonna take you as much color sampling as your house is to find the right color but in the end will look good as always man

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
These aren't the new colors but just to show you what I'm working with. In the pamphlets, color cards, etc we loved these colors. Just for reference they were all tan colors just different shades, nothing extreme. Now this is what they look like painted on the house. It's amazing how much different they look.

Out of these colors the choice would be using the third color as the main color. The last color for the garage door and other exterior doors. Than use white or a cream color for the trim including the fascia and soffit.

PaintSamples.jpg

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
That third color looks like a good pick. Still trying to picture the garage door being the last color though since they look really similar. When do you plan on starting the painting?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Well, I never went to bed last night so I've been up since yesterday at 9:00 AM. I wasn't planning on working with the guys but ended up doing so. They showed up at 7:30 and we finished what we could at 11:30. We went through 4 tons of rock and still need a little extra, maybe another ton. Still need to decide on plants for the rear of the house, something simple.

Here are some iPhone photos.

Front.jpg

FrontMyrtle.jpg

FrontClose.jpg

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I'm currently in the middle of repainting my entire home on my week of vacation this week (4100 sq/ft... ftl)...

Your second color choice is actually what I just painted my office.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
This probably won't be a Home Improvement but oh well...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313892572.298488.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313892572.298488.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 21
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313892606.802764.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313892606.802764.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 15

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
FUCK! I just got back from a funeral that I had to fly, departed 2 hours late, got sick this morning on the way out and we get home after picking up all of the dogs & what not. All I wanted to do was take a hot shower and go to sleep... The fucking hot water heater busted some time while we were gone. So going to need to do that tomorrow. Than two of the dogs got in my way and tripped my coming in the house and ended up breaking the damn door to the laundry room. Just one of those days. I'm locking myself in my office. Oh forgot to mention, our home warranty? It ended yesterday! One fucking GD day otherwise I wouldn't be spending this $500.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Sucks man. Good and the bad of owning a home. I'm just finishing up a days worth of yard work. Fertilizing the yard, bug spraying, weed killing, grass mowing, etc... I need a fucking beer right about now

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, broke my sunglasses on the flight. There goes a $100. Later in the night I was just hanging out around the house, bumming it. I reach down in my pocket for my iPhone and hit the Wake/ Sleep Button and it doesn't work normal. I have to push it down like the Hulk to get it to work. Seriously, what a day..

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, broke my sunglasses on the flight. There goes a $100. Later in the night I was just hanging out around the house, bumming it. I reach down in my pocket for my iPhone and hit the Wake/ Sleep Button and it doesn't work normal. I have to push it down like the Hulk to get it to work. Seriously, what a day..
Well the car is still ok right?

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Just paged through this entire thread. You have done a hellova job Nasty. Almost a year later.....thats a ton of work. Speaking of work, when do you work? Seemed like all you did was remodel the house. LOL
Backyard fence looks like it'll keep out the gators!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back