opinions for long tube headers

cody06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Been looking at a set of mac chrome long tubes on american muscle for $390 how good are they as in not leaking and how much power should i gain

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
search_it_noob.gif

b's stang

forum member
Reaction score

Lol even I of all people know to search first! Duh... Nah lol on a serious note I have jba lts and an o/r H pipe and love it. I'm sure you'd like the macs as well but do they come with a shorty mid pipe?

cody06GT

forum member
Reaction score
i did search and found threads bout macs lts but my main concern is having them not fit right and leak and none of the threads gave me any info bout that

1bad65

forum member
Reaction score
I also have JBA long tubes and I love them. I've ran them with both an O/R H-pipe and a catted midpipe.

despinos

Reaction score
I have the mac ceramic lt's and offroad prochamber. They fit perfect, sound amazing, and the finish on them is still as good as the first day i received them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using
Tapatalk

jsquared_25

forum member
Reaction score
I had mac l/ts w/the prochamber on my 05 and they fit great,sounded awesome and seemed to pick up pretty good power. Go for it man, you won't be disappointed.

trbobusa

forum member
Reaction score
i have a new set of JBA's with matching o/r hpipe, stainless if you you are looking

b00stedgt

Reaction score
I would only buy kooks or American Racing. I bought pypes and they were straight up garbage. I should have never tried to cheap out. guess you get what you pay for

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I don't believe that is true. They definitely make the most noticeable gains of any bolt on. Mac's are great, but make sure they're Ceramic coated. Also, a pypes shorty x or h pipe will bolt right up to the mac's.

CMK720

forum member
Reaction score
I don't believe that is true. They definitely make the most noticeable gains of any bolt on. Mac's are great, but make sure they're Ceramic coated. Also, a pypes shorty x or h pipe will bolt right up to the mac's.

You will need "legs" to make a pypes x or h fit.

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
I plan on getting Macs+prochamber when I finally get around to doing LT's

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
More power and fuel economy for a few hours of work yourself is a small gain? I went from 307rwhp to 338 just from long tubes and CMDPs.

The only issue I have with LTs is the exhaust tone change. After I installed my CMDPs and LTs I ended up with a really shitty trumpeting sound at 2500 rpm. It sucked enough that I welded on M80s and threw the stock mufflers back on. I think at the minimum I'm adding new exhaust tips so they look better but I think I am also going to throw on electric cutouts so I can change the tone and volume whenever.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
More power and fuel economy for a few hours of work yourself is a small gain? I went from 307rwhp to 338 just from long tubes and CMDPs.

The only issue I have with LTs is the exhaust tone change. After I installed my CMDPs and LTs I ended up with a really shitty trumpeting sound at 2500 rpm. It sucked enough that I welded on M80s and threw the stock mufflers back on. I think at the minimum I'm adding new exhaust tips so they look better but I think I am also going to throw on electric cutouts so I can change the tone and volume whenever.

Well in the same amount of time you can bolt on a blower so...yes, the hp/time ratio is pretty low for long tubes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back