Ordering a 2013 GT

Tyler

forum member
Reaction score
About to order a '13 GT and I could use some input.

I'm getting a base GT manual (300A) with a Roush tvs 2300 supercharger put on by the dealer (3yr/36,000 mile warranty). Now my question is, should I also go for the 3.73s so I can get the track pack? Personally I think the bigger 3.55s would be better for FI and mpgs. The car will see some track time and I plan on getting the 650hp upgrade from brenspeed eventually along with LTs.

Oh and what kind of suspension and wheel/tire upgrades should I do right away to get the car to hook with or without the brembos?

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
About to order a '13 GT and I could use some input.

I'm getting a base GT manual (300A) with a Roush tvs 2300 supercharger put on by the dealer (3yr/36,000 mile warranty). Now my question is, should I also go for the 3.73s so I can get the track pack? Personally I think the bigger 3.55s would be better for FI and mpgs. The car will see some track time and I plan on getting the 650hp upgrade from brenspeed eventually along with LTs.

Oh and what kind of suspension and wheel/tire upgrades should I do right away to get the car to hook with or without the brembos?

My 11 is also a 300A package (I call it the "LX" package lol) and I did order it with the 3.73s from Ford, 6spd manual. I have a KennBell and is not really bad at all on gas, I get 22-23mpgs (freeway) at around 80mph . At the track, it gets out of the line pretty quick! and unless you have a 28" tall slick, you will have to shift into 5th right before the quarter. I also have BMR lowers and UPR upper with the mount, best 60 ft has been 1.55, so that set up seems to work good.

Tyler

forum member
Reaction score
Probably belongs in chit chat...
Okay then maybe an admin can move it for me.

My 11 is also a 300A package (I call it the "LX" package lol) and I did order it with the 3.73s from Ford, 6spd manual. I have a KennBell and is not really bad at all on gas, I get 22-23mpgs (freeway) at around 80mph . At the track, it gets out of the line pretty quick! and unless you have a 28" tall slick, you will have to shift into 5th right before the quarter. I also have BMR lowers and UPR upper with the mount, best 60 ft has been 1.55, so that set up seems to work good.

Nice! Low 11s? What size tire? And 22-23 is still seems low to me. But right now I'm driving a vette getting 28-30ish highway lol. Oh and what does 4th top out at?

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah so far it has gone 11.3s @123 and change with 9.5psi, 91 octane and stock H and cats in not so good track conditions, it should run 11.0s with better D/A. I run a 28"x17"x10" Hoosier slick. I've got up to 27mpg, but that's driving in cooler weather, no A/C at 65mph. I cross the stripe on 4th and I kiss the limiter right after it at 123 and change with the 3.73s and the 28" Hoosiers

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
I did not realize you can order a roush blower and still maintain warranty... how much is that option?

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I wonder how much they "de-tune" it.. if someone gets this setup please take it to a dyno and show us. I would be interested to see.. either way it still might be worth it.

Kbaboomi

Reaction score
The other forum I'm part of all the 11+ guys who have roush are getting roughly 460whp. Tunes alone from jdm and vmp have shown 75-100whp increase. I can find the threads if you would like.

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
The other forum I'm part of all the 11+ guys who have roush are getting roughly 460whp. Tunes alone from jdm and vmp have shown 75-100whp increase. I can find the threads if you would like.

I heard that too! the Roush tune seems to be too conservative, and that an aftermarket or dyno tune is a day and night difference! I wonder, since we're talking about warranty and stuff, doesn't the dealer know if the tune was changed, then put back?

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
Yes dealer will know. But it will already have flagge itself when roush tune is uploaded. They can see how many times it's been flashed before though

Last edited:

Kbaboomi

Reaction score
Yeah they do, but how? I have no clue. Probably Able to get into the history im guessing.

Kbaboomi

Reaction score
First run stock: 444.88 hp and 376.17 tq
Second run with just tune: 548.48 and 484.91 tq.
Third Run with tune and 79mm pulley: 577.84 and 518.19 tq.

That's directly off the guys thread. He was on a dyno jet and tunes were from vmp

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
There's a counter that stores flash info. Can only be wiped by corp ford to my knowledge. Even dealers can't wipe it

Tyler

forum member
Reaction score
The dealership I'm getting the car from is an authorized SVT/FRPP/Roush dealer and they can sell/install those products. You will only retain the factory warranty if they do the install though.

The complete s/c kit is around 6k, says it's supposed to take 8hrs to install, and the dealership's labor rate is $115/hr.

Tyler

forum member
Reaction score
A 295/45/17 would be close enough to 28" but I plan on trapping higher than 120ish...what's the real benefit of getting the track pack? I can only do one or the other...track pack or supercharger, cuz if I do the TP I'll just get the premium gt with recaros, which I have no problem with....but I also like performance and I had a base model 08gt with no complaints. The only racing I do is drag racing, I'm not into auto-x or road racing (no local RR tracks). Would the big brakes and other stuff benefit me? And if not then my decision just got a little easier

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I just ordered my 2013 last week, will be here in 6-8 wks.. did you add that blower kit/install onto your loan or pay for that on your own (if you don't mind me asking) ? ? I just emailed my salesman about it to.

I ordered the 301a with the track pack, Recaro's, and Applink in Deep impact blue. I also read either here or over on SVT yesterday that there is a shortage on the springs, struts, and shocks for these Brembo/track pack cars, and that Ford was planning on installing the those parts from the BOSS cars? This was what Deysha had told someone and then that person posted it on here or SVT.

Last edited:

Tyler

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't done anything yet with the car. I was planning on getting the supercharger on finance and just doing 10 percent down for the whole price plus my trade in

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back