Ordering Guide - Shelby GT350 and GT350R

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm to expect summer time since it will be available late this year.

I am not exactly sure how this works but, if I, as a customer, just walk in and say I want XYZ, and have a dealership order that, can I do that? In other words, are they going to make enough of these GT350s to go around, or do you foresee a "Hellcat" situation where only a few are available at +$30K markup?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Like any of the specialty cars for Ford, it will be based on dealer allocation. Therefore only a few will be available and that's how markup is usually involved. As it stands now, I don't have any information on allocation and if I have someone who calls up wanting one, I tell them I'll put a note in my CRM to notify them when info becomes available.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
ummm so even the regular 350s are going to be limited and 350r are going to even worse?? Noooooooooooo :kill:

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I would most likely either have the black with the track package, or the gray with black stripes and a track package. I don't need the nav, but it would be nice to have Sync 3 with the track package.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
If I was dreaming I would order the:

• GT350R (920A)
  • Oxford White (YZ)
  • Over the top Racing Stripes (47S) in DIB (J4)

That's it. No more, no less. Unless there is no defroster with the GT350R then I would end up getting the Electronics Package (67S).

claudermilk

Reaction score
/\ This, except reverse the colors. Mmmmm.....

I expect the GT350 will be limited if only by price. $50k? $60k? Considering the Z/28 is it's direct competitor, I would not be surprised to see the R come in around $75k.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I don't get these exclusive build numbers for the big 3 on their pony cars, you can sell 30,000 R's a year? F'ing do it, make that revenue

Last edited:

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
So is the GT350 base model just a Track Pack GT with a 5.2 and Tremec? Not even magna ride? Just fancy body work and a new engine/trans. Not real happy.

Last edited:

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
Doesn't seem as awesome as I originally hoped. I bet a GT350 with a Track Pack, Tech Pack and electronics pack will be almost $60k. I've also read the 5.2 is not going to be boost friendly at all being high compression and already pushing tge limits of its internals.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I would stop being so fucking worried over it until it's actually out and there isn't a bunch of speculation.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So is the GT350 base model just a Track Pack GT with a 5.2 and Tremec? Not even magna ride? Just fancy body work and a new engine/trans. Not real happy.

If you get the Track Pack it does have the magna ride. And it has better brakes.

I've also read the 5.2 is not going to be boost friendly at all being high compression and already pushing tge limits of its internals.

If you want to boost it, why not just buy a regular GT for $34K and boost that? Why would you want to boost a car that would cost $20K+ more only to end up in the same spot?

I am really liking this car because I could actually order something from the factory that is already exactly what I want. I could leave it alone and have factory reliability. I already have the race car so....

Plus at this point no one even is sure what 500+ horsepower even means. 501? 530? I would love to drive a lighter mustang with 530 all motor horsepower.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Plus at this point no one even is sure what 500+ horsepower even means. 501? 530? I would love to drive a lighter mustang with 530 all motor horsepower.

I do.. it will be the same BS hype before the 15s...

over 420hp but made it sound by allot. they have to do the 500 because they said so but watch.. it will be 515 and cost too much.. will it even beat a 450hp 2015 YELLOW vett????

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
People are missing the fact (mostly on Mustang6G) that the Tech Pack includes everything the Track Pack has which is why you can't order both packs together. The Electronic Pack is for the GT350R only. If you just want the track goodies without the touch screen, GT350 with Track Pack is all you need unless you are forking money over for the GT350R.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
The only issue that many of them pointed out on 6G is that while the Electronics Package may appear to have everything the Track Package has.... it doesn't. It says that the TP includes Engine oil cooler, trans cooler and diff cooler specifically and the EP doesn't... and I can't confirm if that is a typo or not.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Well R has those things standard which is why the EP doesn't list them. I'm hoping the Tech/Track Package difference is just a typo. Don't see why Ford can't simply say:

Technology Package -
Includes Track Package Plus:
etc.

However, I would think after the issues people had with the 5.0 factory coolers, that people may end up replacing those coolers anyways. Maybe Ford improved on the 5.2 coolers? Who knows?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
If you get the Track Pack it does have the magna ride. And it has better brakes.

If you want to boost it, why not just buy a regular GT for $34K and boost that? Why would you want to boost a car that would cost $20K+ more only to end up in the same spot?

I am really liking this car because I could actually order something from the factory that is already exactly what I want. I could leave it alone and have factory reliability. I already have the race car so....

That's what I'm talking about. I hate to say it, but the older I get, the less I enjoy working on the car. I lit'rally MADE myself do a simple driveshaft and shifter bracket install last weekend because I was sick of looking at the parts sitting in my garage. I just don't get the joy of working on the car that I used to. It's more work than fun these days. I'd rather be driving it, doing track days and stuff.

I want something that is bad a$$ that I can buy, insure, put gas in, and drive the crap out of. And if it breaks, it's covered under warranty.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back