Out with the old - in with the new

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well the old tungsen Gray is gone and the 2014 white is in. Now to figure out what's what. 1st question, what are hp/trq gaines with canned SCT tune and what is best intake? What is largest rear tire that will fit in the wheel well?
Basically all the things that I spent the last 8 yrs figuring out on my '06..lol pics coming soon!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
1. IDK/but grab a tune from Lund and you'll be set
2. Stock airbox is fine if you are just looking for a tune.
3. How do you mean largest rear tire? like height/width/diameter?

congrats on purchase but shame on you for starting a thread on a new car without any pics.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
CAI is good for 2-3hp give or take. It's more of an appearance mod than anything else. I wouldn't bother with it if I had a do-over. Same thing with the 1pc driveshaft. As a performance mod it's just next to worthless.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
If I owned such a vehicle I'd install the blowfish racing shifter bracket, Boss 302 exhaust, a tune, and get 2 take off 17" wheels for DR's. Run 11's.

Save up some dough, get a wheel and tire package. These wheels:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/weld-rtss71-black-15x10-0514.html

275/60R15's look beefy and fit well. Drag radial of your choice. 28" tall. Might not be the best for gearing with the power of the 5.0.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
New car. No pictures?

k0dr7h.jpg

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Auto or manual?

If auto no need for gears, get a Mike Rousch tune and you will be set.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Working on pic been so long going to have to figure out how to get pic on here

Well he'll it's in my avatar. Better pics this afternoon.
Thanks for suggestions. Wheels are 19" want that old school muscle car look. Lots of sidewall

Last edited:

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pics coming soon of NEW Black 2014. I wanted buying a new car to be simple and easy but didn't turn out that way.

As you know I purchased a 2014 white manual trans car, which was supposed to be a Certified Pre-owned car, which should be close to like new condition. I get back to work and the guys are looking at it and one say's "whats up with the this?" where the bumber comes around to the passenger side rear wheel was not secured to the body (strike 1).
THis was on Friday. So I go to a friend who runs a body shop and asked him if the car had maybe been wrecked. He looks and says no, but the the rear rotors are shot. I look at the rotor and it looked like the car had been hot braked so much that the pads were burnt off to the point that the rivets in the pad scarred the rotor, and someone had just stuck a new set of pads on. (strike 2).

I play music and was going to take one of my amps to a guy that works on old tube amps to have some repairs done, I opened the trunk and thought "wonder what the spare looks like?" pull up the cover and no freaking spare WTF! (strike 3) took the car back to the dealer Monday morning and told them I felt like they were trying to scam me.
COme to find out the car had belonged to a young salesman that had just started working there and he had traded the car in and evidently they went off his word that that the car was in excellent shape and didn't do the 172 point inspection thats required for a Certified pre-owned car.

In the end all they had was automatics and made me an excellent deal ($1k more than the used car) on a Black GT that had a few more amenities. Pics in a few minutes.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Man, happy they didn't just tell you that they sold the car as is where is, caveat emptor, etc...

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
That's absolute bullshit since CPO vehicles are held in a pretty high regard and require a pretty tedious inspection.

Looking forward to pictures.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its cold as a well diggers butt here so took one pic and set it as my avatar. Will get some good pics soon, but at least you got a good idea.

As for Monday morning, when I went in I went straight to the Sales Manager, explained all the stuff that was wrong with the car. I also told that I felt the car had seen many trips down the drag strip, and if that were the case I would not be surprised if the car had not had an after market tune put on the car which if I understand correctly voids the warranty (got a couple different replies on that).

I told him I'm not saying i don't want to buy a car, I just don't want that car. He said no problem we have some new ones I will make you a great deal on. I said super and the rest is history. While I was waiting on my new car to be cleaned and gassed up the guy that owned the car was paged to the Sales Manger's office. Wonder what that chat was about lol.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
PICS? :worth: ? :worth: ? :worth:? :worth: ? :worth: ? :worth: ? :worth:

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
6R80 car so Mike Roush MAP tune and a 4E or 5C converter and sticky tires and let it eat!
6R80 doesn't need gears and a 28" tire is nice on them
A off-road x-pipe with cat-deletes is the next biggest gain aside from a tune and Circle D converter.
If you want to go faster than mid 11's get a power adder. Chasing the N/A stuff into 10's will cost almost as much as a Beefcake Spacial and those will net you easly mid 10's-high 9's with minimal supporting mods.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back