Reaction score
could you tell me what color pads you used at each step. thanks

TTSaleen

forum member
Reaction score
could you tell me what color pads you used at each step. thanks

Absolutely!

My normal routine is as follows -

Stage 1 - For heavy scratches, environmental fallout, basic neglect.
CCS Yellow Cutting Foam Pad, 6.5 inches
Menzerna FG-400

Stage 2 -
For typical scratches from many car washes, parking lot hits, repetitive door handle openings (scratches). Absolutely necessary to do if the Stage 1 yellow cutting pad was used!
CCS Orange Light Cutting Foam Pad, 6.5 inches
Menzerna SI-1500

Stage 3 - Car show touchup stage, also used to complete the polishing/correction work.

CCS White Polishing Foam Pad, 6.5 inches
Menzerna SF-4000

Stage 4 - Final stage to lock in all the hard work of correcting the paint. Also used right before car shows if wax is not necessary.
CCS Blue Finessing Foam Pad, 6.5 inches

Menzerna Power Lock Sealant

Stage 5 - Great wax for dark colored cars to add depth and shine. Also serves as a protectant.
Pinnacle Souveran Wax

Unfortunately I did not have the sufficient amount of time to hit this car with each stage.
So I cut some corners since this is a daily driver and sits outside 24/7.

For this 2008 V6, I used the following stages.
Wash car.
Clay bar entire car.
Wet sand some bad spots after touch-up paint work.
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 5

Ryan

walker2t

forum member
Reaction score
thanks a lot for the info... I have the porter cable da and I use the meguiars 105 and 205 and then meguiars 26 sealant then yellow wax 21.. my father in laws red truck sits outside year round and his paint looks like the one above... I tried the yellow foam and the 105 and although it took a lot of the deeps scratches out.. you still can see them.. I followed up with the 205 and got a nice shine but the scratches still bother me... I might have to try the above products.... ...I didn't know if you were using the wool or micro fiber pads? again thanks for the info....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back