P0012 and P0016 after Hot Rod cam install

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
P0016 Crankshaft position-Camshaft position correlation Bank 1 Sensor A
P0012 Intake Camshaft position timing over-retarded Bank 1

did i get one of the cams a tooth off??? it runs, cranks right up but it idles a little rough

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
so i'm pretty sure the passenger side cam is off a tooth, and i can probably do it without taking the timing cover off. but i need to know which direction to rotate the gear, clockwise or counter clockwise :-/

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
Took the cover back off to find that the right bank was indeed one tooth off. Going back together shortly, only took me a little over an hour to get the cover back off, glad I didn't try and short cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, about an hour and fifteen minutes, got it 0ff, cleaned, re-glued, and put back together in about 3 hours. And I did'nt even drain the oil or the coolant, just laid the coolant reservoir and power steering over and zip tied it to the ABS module and bungy corded the upper radiator hose up out of the way a little and it was all gravy. In my home garage with power tools (not air) and no jack or anything either. I waited till today to crank it though, i wanted the sealant to sit over night, and it cranked right up and ran great with no codes. I would like thank everyone for NOT suggesting a short cut, i'm glad i did this way it helped me get more familiar with the car and now the bottom of my timing cover is'nt seaping oil like it was lol.

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
By the way UlraKlassic your car is freaking gorgeous bro, I love those wheels i hope to replace my FR500's with those eventually. And thanks for the compliment, but keep in mind I am a Toyota master tech lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back