P0191 code , and stranded..

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im on the side of the rd lol typing this lol. In boost car just stopped running. Turns over but wont stay running. I have a p0191 code showing on my sct. Thats fuel rail pressure fault right. Any ideas what may be causing this. Wires visually under hood look ok. Thanks for some quick help.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Check the grounds and wiring to the pumps?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
May have blown the FRPS.
Could pull the vacuum hose from it, carefully, and see if there's any gas in the line (catch any so it wont drip on a hot engine).

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Since my knowledge level is fairly basic I usually start with the painfully obvious. You checked the fuel safety shutoff switch by the hood release latch under the dash, right?

06monera96

LeShawno
Reaction score
so weird, I also got that code just yesterday!
car run's fine
but i hear the fuel pump priming constantly even after the line is fully pressurized

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure its the pump. There is no gas getting to the rail. I put 5 gallons of gas in, even though I know its not out of gas. If the pump primes before start-up, could it still be bad and not pump fuel?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
When I ran into a bad/dead stock pump, it would not prime on key-on. It'd make just a little hm, but not the normal priming sound.
If you are not getting fuel to the fuel rail, also check the fuel filter. it shouldn't be that plugged, but it could be of the in-tank filters are not present or they came apart.

But yeah, sounds more like a pump issue.

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im going to pull the tank. Not me, I dont have time to take a nice shit nowadays. My hsop foreman at my Ford dealer. I trust him. I already told him to check the filter. Thanks for the help guys. I will update when we find the culprit..I am surprised I didnt blow the motor, lol. I was in full boost when it happened in 3rd gear. I immediatley looked out my rear view for oil, smoke and car parts..:beerdrink:

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bad fuel pump. Put another Walbro 255 in there and its fine. Same pump I had for 6 years. It lasted damn long..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back