P1000 Code and Engine makes no power above 3000rpm

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
So last night my car started running rough so I just garaged it. Today i found the Intake had shaken loose so i fixed that and then reflashed the computer. I drove it for about 10 minutes with no problems. An hour later i started it up and as soon as i hit around 3k rpm it threw a CEL and i pulled the code and it gave me p1000.

The car won't make power above 3-4k and it's like it hits a wall in any gear. The exhaust is loud and off. Any ideas?

God

Banned
Reaction score
P1000 just means all your OBDII monitors have not triggered yet. This came up because you reflashed the PCM. There should be another code or codes if your CEL is on.

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
P1000 just means all your OBDII monitors have not triggered yet. This came up because you reflashed the PCM. There should be another code or codes if your CEL is on.

yeah i know, it won't tell me what that code is though.

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
cleaned the MAF still no love, looks like spark plugs then coil packs are next.

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
By your description the car looks to be going into limp mode.

Do you have the wrench on?

the wrench was on. but now i'm getting p0307 and p0316 so i think it's a bad plug or wire or bad injector, so it's going to the stealership tomorrow morning. cuz i'm afraid of the spark plugs hahahah

Last edited:

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
the wrench was on. but now i'm getting p0307 and p0316 so i think it's a bad plug or wire or bad injector, so it's going to the stealership tomorrow morning. cuz i'm afraid of the spark plugs hahahah

Dude it's more likely that they will break one there and then YOU will get charged. Let some PB blaster sit in the holes overnight and take your time, no big.

Also, check the harness and make sure it isn't melting on anything.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back