Paint on a Textured GT500 Rear Bumper????

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
a gt500 and CS bumper are the exact same. the only difference is the way they are painted. i bought a gt500/CS bumper and painted it satin silver over the texture to be like the CS and it looked great. i traded it to holywd for his gt500/CS bumper that was satin silver but painted like a gt500.

point is, you don't need to fill or sand the texture and it will look great CS's have a texture and where it is on the car isn't noticable at all.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
^^ Great point because one thing I noticed when I got home was the difference in color of the textured portion. The center between the exhaust is black texture while the part that runs to the wheel is grey textured(same color plastic as the rest of the bumper)

2011-08-31_17-10-29_519.jpg

2011-08-31_17-10-50_345.jpg

IIRC the gt500 is that same dark color all over which means it must be painted black unless people just leave it that shitty grey color. What do you all think?

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
you don't paint the bottom or middle for GT500 look or you just don't paint the center for the CS look. the black texture looks perfect once cleaned and on the car. again, there is NO difference between the stock gt500/CS bumpers and this one and the production cars don't paint the black textured part unless to change from gt500 to CS.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
ok so in fact the gt500 textured side skirts are dark grey textured plastic as well and not actually black.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
the gt500 side skirts are the exact same as the v6 and i still think they are black, but more of a flat black.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
did you see the color difference between my pictures? there is definitely a difference in color between the exhaust and outside the exhaust running forward toward the tires. To me it looks like a dark grey color. I used to have a grand cherokee that had the same color plastic sides.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
there is no difference from ford. i don't know why yours would be any different but many things can fade or change the color of the flat black.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Fawk!!! Well the center has been tapped off from the factory and the outters was just inside the plastic wrap. Never unwrapped.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
Fawk!!! Well the center has been tapped off from the factory and the outters was just inside the plastic wrap. Never unwrapped.

The center was taped off because all of the smooth parts of the bumper are primed on a new bumper from Ford. I bought my GT 500 rear bumper from local Ford dealer and the textured and smooth parts are all the same color which is flat black but the smooth parts are primed and the textured is not, also the GT 500 and GT/CS are the exact same part and as said the only difference being the way they are painted.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
have long have you had it and can you return it? they way they are stored and shipped is shit.

what look are you going for gt500 or CS?

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Got it on here from a member. he said it had been sitting a while. I didn't notice that anything was wrong with it while I was at the shop picking it up

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
try scrubbing in with a rag and use some conditioner on it. it should be ok

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back