Panhard bar keeps loosening up

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
i picked up a nice craftsman socket set, and a ratcheting wrench set back from black friday sales, works great for me

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I'm the tool snob damnit. Every tool I own has its own purpose. I don't own crescent wrenches, vise grips, or channel locks.
Why not? In the big wide world, not everything you need to work with is machined to a size. When you start doing home repair, you'll need all of those plus a pipe wrench.

chon

Must install Paxton soon!
Reaction score
Gabe it should be a 1'' or 1 1/8'' wrench. I installed a J&M for my buddy a few weeks ago. I just use a crescent wrench and adjust it really tight on my BMR and some loc-tite. Does the job well :)

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Gabe it should be a 1'' or 1 1/8'' wrench. I installed a J&M for my buddy a few weeks ago. I just use a crescent wrench and adjust it really tight on my BMR and some loc-tite. Does the job well :)

Thanks, it was a 1 1/8" ... I posted earlier in the thread :

And I'm done with this, at least for now.

I went out, sprayed the hell out of it with brake cleaner, backed off the left nut (the one that kept coming loose), sprayed the threads, went to the store, got a multi-pack of wrenches to 1 1/8" and some red thread locker, got back to the car, applied the red, then used the 1 1/8" wrench to tighten the nut as much as I could with the leverage I had.
The packaging said the threadlocker takes 20-60 minutes to set, 24 hrs to completely cure.
Not going anywhere for at least 2 hours.
While I was outside playing with the car I went ahead and squirted some grease into the LCA grease fittings since I was starting to hear a bit of squeaking from the rear going over speed bumps.

So we'll see.

Current look under there:

2013-06-02_PHB_zps2cd981b5.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back