people with Strange frt brakes or Aerospace

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Drag only with Goodyear 27x4.5 frontrunners. I am looking to tuck in the front tires, so my car doesn't look "that way." Does anyone run the 15x3.5" wheels with 2.25" bs, no spacers, with Strange or Aerospace front brakes? I am hoping that with the low profile calipers I can narrow the front track width and make the car look better. Or, is a 15x3.5" with 1.75"bs, no spacers, enough to tuck them in?

I searched the 15" wheel fitment section of wheels/tires, but everyone seems to be interested in running $100 cast 15x4 1.75" bs wheels with spacers and grinding their calipers. I am not interested in that and this is not a street car.

oh5gt

Reaction score
A lot of people are using BMR's adjustable A-arms. I believe they will allow up to 9/16" narrower adjustment per side, in addition they are stronger and lighter than factory.
If you don't already have camber bolts (or plates) you'll need these too.

Somewhere on this site there is a thread with photos showing the tire protrusion before and after.

I also have 'that look' and now in the off season will be switching from my non-adjustable to adjustable.

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
With the Strange front brakes you can run the low pad height Weld RT-S for optimum tuck. 2.5" backspacing.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
I'm running strange front brakes with 15x3.5 and 2.25" backspacing and wouldn't mind it tucking in a little further. I wouldn't do 1.75" bs

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I ordered an AJE k-member and their lower arms (they call them adjustable, but I have to wait until tomorrow when they come to see how that works). The QA1 coil-overs for the front required me to buy their caster/camber plates, so we are good there. Weld Rt-s are on my list. Awesome.

Last edited:

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
I made a drawing on paper with the intent of visualizing this better. I thought the 15x3.5 with 2.25" bs would put the wheel 1/4" further inboard than a 15x4 with 2.5" bs. That is true, but when I made the drawing, I realized that the center of the wheel (and therefore the center of the tire) winds up the same for both wheels.

That means that unless the tire bulge is more with either wheel, it is basically a wash between the 15x3.5 with 2.25"bs and the 15x4 with 2.5" bs.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With the Strange front brakes you can run the low pad height Weld RT-S for optimum tuck. 2.5" backspacing.

I'm running strange front brakes with 15x3.5 and 2.25" backspacing and wouldn't mind it tucking in a little further. I wouldn't do 1.75" bs

^^^ this, plus you have days of room with the Strange front brakes/calipers. I took the integrated spacer off of my bogarts completely and still have room to spare. And, while that was an improvement, I think they still stick out too far and could go in another inch with a shorter a-arm.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is what I want. On mine, the sidewalls are flush with the fenderwell, but after I mini tubbed the back and have the rear tire sitting correctly, now they look like they are sticking out again, even though they are not.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Paul, with your Bogarts, you said that you took the spacers off the back. I am assuming that they were intended to run stock brakes. Do you have any idea what your backspace is? They seem to have a large lip. Do you think they are 1.75" instead of 2.25" BS?

A 3.5" wide Weld Alumastar at 2.25" just looks so "flat", which would mean that would pull the tire in.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back