Picked up a 2012 F-150 Ecoboost

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Picked up a 2012 F-150 Ecoboost this past weekend after months of eyeing them, and finally decided to sell my 04 Mustang DD private party and get this for my everyday vehicle. Went with a fairly stripped down XLT version so I can fully customize it over time to my exact specs. Only requirements was it had to have the Blue Flame color, 6.5 bed, SCREW and tan cloth interior and of course, the ecoboost engine.

My first brand new vehicle and I am loving it so far, very smooth and powerful even in stocker form. My wife drove it home from the dealership when we bought it and I was following in my 06 GT, she hammered the throttle getting on the freeway and did a light bark on the tires and I had to downshift in the Mustang to catch up as she was starting to pull away from me much to her delight. She told me when we got home that once I've finished tuning the Ecoboost, she wants to drag race Blue ( the 06 GT ) with her in the Ecoboost. :thumbup: Foregone conclusion how that will end but this is coming from a woman who before has shown absolutely zero interest in drag racing. lol

Still formulating the build plan right now, still pretty good at 365 crank horses and 90% of that hits round 1800 rpms, going to leave the performance on it stock for a couple months so I can get a good feel for it as stock while I do a few cosmetic things but once I start on the performance aspect, it should be fun!. :eek: New projects are always fun and I have the 06 pretty much exactly to how I want it surprisingly enough so just gonna enjoy it as is and focus on this for a while.

Couple pics from it getting picked up from the dealership.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Made an appointment yesterday to get the windows tinted 5% and get a clear bra installed on front end which will be in a week or so. No rock chips allowed on this ride!

I was/am excited and figured I'd share. Be a fun daily driver for sure and not to mention, the kids car sat fits in the back FAR better then the 04 did. lol

Last edited:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
congrats! I've been eyeing them as well,but too much $$ for me to spend at the moment! Got too many other irons in the fire.

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
nice i love the blue flame, especially with some black window tint. I have a buddy that had Flows put on his xlt and they sound great!

Beef

Reaction score
Heard that the 5 star tune does wonders for the EBs

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Very nice!

We drove the 5.0 and EB back to back.. not even close in comparison. I was dead set on a dark gray FX4 with the EB and all but signed on the dotted line last month.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
BEAUTIFUL color! So the EB was much better performance wise than the 5.0?

Stock vs Stock, yes.

I even stacked the deck in the 5.0's favor. The 5.0 we drove was a 4x4, SCab, short bed, with 3.73's and the EB we drove was a 4x4, SCrew, shortbed, with 3.31's. So not only did the EB have more weight to haul, but it also had a lesser gear.

The 5.0 was no slouch though and sounded 100x better, but just didn't have the pull the EB had. Both from a stand still and in passing the EB just killed it.

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
nice truck! i've heard those ecoboost v6's gain a ton from just a downpipe, exhaust, and tune. can't wait to see the mods!

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Yep! Livernois is making a downpipe right now so waiting to see what they come out with before deciding. A tune alone adds 60 rwhp and 120 feet of torque! That's almost like diesel gains...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back