Picked up a new pair of fenders

her name is ponie

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to eventually do some sort of custom paint to these but for now I'm just going to leave them raw for a few weeks to see if they grow on me. These are Trucarbon / Trufiber T1 carbon fiber fenders. They look AMAZING, these will go well with the side skirts, chin spoiler, mud guards, trunk and 1/4 window deletes i'm currently running. I'll be tossing these on Saturday and I'll update this with some photos!

20130417_131535_zpsed951082.jpg

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know. I like the look of carbon fiber and think it looks fine to have unpainted hoods, roof, trunklid, etc, I think when you reach the point of fenders it no longer looks right unless the doors and rear quarter are carbon fiber as well. At a maximum I might leave the center portion for the vent unpainted but that would be it.

her name is ponie

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know. I like the look of carbon fiber and think it looks fine to have unpainted hoods, roof, trunklid, etc, I think when you reach the point of fenders it no longer looks right unless the doors and rear quarter are carbon fiber as well. At a maximum I might leave the center portion for the vent unpainted but that would be it.

I'm going to end up painting most of them but for a few weeks the raw cf will stay :)

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I have to agree with mfergel. As cool as CF is, whenever it goes beyond hood and trunk, it gets to looking ricer to me. I absolutley love the look of your car as it sits, ponie. JMHO.

I guess as long as you like it, that's all that matters!

Once you get them installed post up some pics.

her name is ponie

forum member
Reaction score
I have to agree with mfergel. As cool as CF is, whenever it goes beyond hood and trunk, it gets to looking ricer to me. I absolutley love the look of your car as it sits, ponie. JMHO.

Thanks! Like I said most of the fenders will end up getting painted. The side skirts and chin spoiler are really subtle so really just the window deletes and trunk stick out. Once I paint these only the center will remain CF. Should compliment the car really good

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
NOOOOOOO!!!!! Leave it raw!! CF is beautiful!! More is better when its done right. It's only ricerish if you make it that way. It's not like you have a neon green car with cool graphics and a giant fartcan. Google ricer car then google ricer car carbon fiber. Two totally different results. You may not like the cars and that's fair, but you can't argue that what is generally considered "ricey" doesn't really consist of real, quality, well taken care of CF parts.

Last edited:

her name is ponie

forum member
Reaction score
NOOOOOOO!!!!! Leave it raw!! CF is beautiful!! More is better when its done right. It's only ricerish if you make it that way. It's not like you have a neon green car with cool graphics and a giant fartcan. Google ricer car then google ricer car carbon fiber. Two totally different results. You may not like the cars and that's fair, but you can't argue that what is generally considered "ricey" doesn't really consist of real, quality, well taken care of CF parts.

The trunk, side skirts, 1/4 window deletes, mud guards and chin spoiler will stay raw but the fenders may be a bit too much well see after I install them on saturday :)

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
hey ponie, fenders look just as good over on this forum :)

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score

I can't believe I'm the first one in this thread saying this.... But pics when installed??

Post reading fail. :poke:

her name is ponie

forum member
Reaction score
I'll post pics of my JDM civic instead :look: lol I'm joking tomorrow when I install them I'll snap lots of pics

her name is ponie

forum member
Reaction score
I took a few photos during the install but I'm beat from work school and the install lol. These are NOT a direct bolt on at all. They still need some more tweaking but I need to clean up the car for FFF tomorrow. Here is a quick photo

IMG_20130420_180634_zps3431b935.jpg

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
Looks awesome. It would look great if you painted them and left the vents unpainted.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back