picked up hp on the dyno and butt dyno is just not feeling it!

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
with kooks long tubes i picked up 20 rwhp and more tq and i am just not feeling it. can this be or is it a mind thing?

bullitt boy

Reaction score
With the 4:10s you have its gonna be hard to feel 20 hp. I would say you picked it up in the upper range any how.
Before and after at the track is the real test.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Probably just your mind playing tricks on you. Have you run it at the track? Have any times to compare? I usually at least run the Gtech before and after a major mod to see if it picks up anything.

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
Probably just your mind playing tricks on you. Have you run it at the track? Have any times to compare? I usually at least run the Gtech before and after a major mod to see if it picks up anything.
yea i do need to get back to the track. we all need to get together and go to richmond or vmp.

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
20 hp and you can't feel it?!?!?!?!? Guess those Kooks are just junk shit.
:dunce:
no the kooks are nice to install, put together real nice and picked up good hp and tq! its just the nut behind the wheel!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Were the numbers at DTP and HP solutions the same? I know DTP's can be inflated!

TWR is doing a track rental on May 28th which is the Friday of Memorial Day weekend..I can't make that one...$125, track is open from 9-3 and you make as many runs as you want.

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
greg, you went the same route as me. with cams did your car feel stronger with or without headers?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I picked up 33 hp and 3 ft/lb tq with the cams/LT's and catted H pipe..I felt the SOTP difference after the LT install and I know the cams/LT's work well together...I was expecting more power out of it on the dyno but being an auto and 410 gears do not help my numbers.

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
dtp read about 5hp more. brent tunes make the car drive so much nicer with cams, drives like stock!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
5hp is close enough to call it good...what are your numbers as I don't see them in your sig?

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
I picked up 33 hp and 3 ft/lb tq with the cams/LT's and catted H pipe..I felt the SOTP difference after the LT install and I know the cams/LT's work well together...I was expecting more power out of it on the dyno but being an auto and 410 gears do not help my numbers.
i picked up 28hp with cams and headers.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back