picked up hp on the dyno and butt dyno is just not feeling it!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
greg, you going fi?

I am thinking about it...the Vortech V3 setup in the for sale section has me seriously thinking about it...bad part is to have the boss give me the green light I will have to remove and sell the HR cams but I have a local buyer and the tuner I would use said there is minimal gains with a blower that uses stock or the HR cams.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no kidding. My car on a cold, crisp night puts down 472 at the wheel, but after converting to SAE it was 439. And on a hot, humid day even less. The Lightning with the Eaton had even more effect, on a hot, humid day even your Tundra could outrun it, LOL!

Don't be hating on the NA 381 hp/401 tq Tundra!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The numbers were so good it had me wondering and based on DTP's reputation of dyno numbers..well...had to ask!

Sounds like the 2 of you need to go at it at the track!

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Why did you choose shorties over LT's?

To be honest I heard alot of exhaust with LT's and I wasn't impressed, especially my stingers, and I don't plan on going crazy with this car, but what I did figure was that whether shorty or LT's either way the car is going to breathe easier and better perform, of course more out of LT's but wasn't for me. Plus also I didn't buy them went with an even trade for my OEM bullitt exhaust, and the shorties were brand new

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Low end tq. is better and if I ever add a Paxton or turbo the shorties work great. Plus when they compare shorties vs long tubes they never use high flow cats with the shorties in the comparison. Plus the money vs the hp gains is not worth it. Its sound bad ass now.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had drone like crazy with my Stingers but I am an auto so it may be worse...I hoped the LT's would get rid of it but did not so I sold them and bought KR 500's which took care of the drone.

Since you got them for free that makes sense!

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
I absolutely love the stingers, but I love the KR's also, those two are what the GTs/Bullitts should sound like OEM

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Talk to NV4GTWS and he will tell how the BBK shorties did on my car with the BBK high flows.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree; until I go WOT you can't hear them and they compliment the HR cams and catted H very nicely.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Low end tq. is better and if I ever add a Paxton or turbo the shorties work great. Plus when they compare shorties vs long tubes they never use high flow cats with the shorties in the comparison. Plus the money vs the hp gains is not worth it. Its sound bad ass now.

Yeah I also am hoping for a little exhasut note change, so kinda looking for to that as well

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
You will notice a change in the sound but not much with the FRPP shorties as compared to the BBK's plus you will need some high folw cats to get it to sound real good. The Ford shorties are nice but are not tuned equal length.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at tuned equal length but alot of people had some fitment issues and just a general pain in the ass time getting them in, where as alot of FRPP's went in relatively smooth from what I hear.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back