Pit Bulls

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The local radio was yamming this week about pit bull attacks. Some 3 month old kid got maulled while it was just laying on the floor, and the owners were beating on it for a few minutes before it would drop the kid. And then, two pit bulls where going through a neighborhood killing every dog they came across. They killed and/or attacked 4 or 5 neighborhood dogs before being caught by animal control.

Then, the report went down to do the story to animal control, and there were 10 other pitbulls with "HOLD FOR COURT" on their cages, and the workers said all the dogs were involved in some sort of attack/biting/killing and the usual stuff.

So, now I'm a dog lover. Had dogs all my life, had PLENTY of them, and I've read several books on dogs, and consider myself a better than average dog trainer. Heck, my dog Rowdy is the best dog I've ever seen or heard of, loves people, loves other dogs, even will try to play with cats but will chase the heck out of a rabbit. But I haven't seen him try to kill a baby that's just laying on the floor.

So what gives? Are pit bulls naturally more aggressive? Or do they just get a bad rap from the press? I don't here about german sheppards or black labs roaming through neighborhoods killing every shitzu they meet, or dachsunds trying to rip a baby's throat out. I mean, I've always thought it was the OWNER, they did something, they taught the dog to be like that, something in the dog's life MADE it become vicious. But you know, it seems like it happens to Pit Bulls... a lot.

So whatsup with that?

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Pitbulls can be the nicest dogs ever...Just like any other dog out there, it all depends on the owner...I have 2 boxers, but I have a friend that raises Pit's....He doesn't have any he breeds anymore, he just trains them for other people...The 2 he has in the house are the sweetest and nicest dogs you'll ever see...They play with his kids all the time, and listen very well...It's all in the training....

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
Pitbulls can be the nicest dogs ever...Just like any other dog out there, it all depends on the owner...I have 2 boxers, but I have a friend that raises Pit's....He doesn't have any he breeds anymore, he just trains them for other people...The 2 he has in the house are the sweetest and nicest dogs you'll ever see...They play with his kids all the time, and listen very well...It's all in the training....
+2

it all depends on how you train them and raise them. if you raise them to be mean well then there going to bite anything and everybody. my dad has had a few pits with me growing up and ive had a few myself and none of them every hurt me or my family cause i didnt raise them to be that way. but some of them can be very protective of there owners

N

NiTeMaRe06

+3, thats with any animal. If you raise it as a killer, its gonna be a killer.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Personally, I will never trust a pitbull...ever! My uncle had a pitbull and it was the nicest dog, never bit anyone, and he never had problems with it. I had been around this dog alot, but one day it didn't like the way I must have moved, because that SOB latched onto to my hand big time! I balled up my fist and pushed it as far as I could in that dog's throat and tried to choke it. It didn't like me trying to grab it's asshole through it's mouth and let go. Dog acted like nothing happened right after. So people can shove those pitbulls right up their asses! I won't own one or have one any where near my children. My neighbor has 2 mixed ones and one started growling at my 2 year old and I chased it's ass with a 3 foot section of oak railing. When it comes to my kids, I don't fuck around. I will shoot those dogs if they come after me or my kids. I love dogs, but not pitbulls. Sometimes things are just in the bloodline of an animal that can't be taken out. Give me a nice lab that's useful for something like hunting.:thumb:

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, isn't it a fact that some breeds are born with different traits than others? No matter how they are raised.

Back