Polish Angel Cosmic Coating - Application Guide

28ONE

Reaction score
Here is my process I used when I applied Cosmic to my GT:

1 – Wash

2 – Chemical Decon – CarPro IronX

3 – Nanoskin Autoscrub Pad (Claybar if you wish)

4 – Paint Correction if needed (remove swirls by compound or polish)

5 – Apply Invincible Primer either by hand or machine (No need for IPA or Eraser wipedown)

** If applying by machine, use polishing pad @ speeds 4-6 (I used Flex 3401 & LC White Hybrid) **

6 – Apply 1st coat Cosmic by hand or machine (No need for IPA or Eraser wipedown)

** If applying by machine, use finishing pad @ speed 2 (I used Flex 3401 & LC Black Hybrid) **

** If applying by hand, use supplied applicator and apply as if you were applying a wax **

** Wait 30 minutes then buff off residue with MF towel **

** If adding additional coats, allow 2 hours after initial application of Cosmic before applying second layer. Specific binding receptors ensure perfect cohesion. Layering must be done at this stage of the process. You cannot add additional layers 6 months from now **

7 – Apply 2nd coat Cosmic by hand or machine

** Wait 30 minutes then buff off residue with MF towel **

Additional Notes:
** After final application of Cosmic, do not allow the surface to come in contact with heat or water in the following 12-24hours **
** Do not wash vehicle for 7 days - takes 30 days to fully cure **

Recommended Products for Maintenance:
PA UltraRed - Intense Pre-Wash cleaner (used to clean the surface - once coated not recommended to use claybar or IronX to clean surface)
PA Viking Spritz - Maintenance Spray for the coating

In case anyone is wondering, I have personally used the following waterless products on Cosmic: UWW, Blackfire WW, Meguiar’s D114 Rinseless and Meguiar’s D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax. D115 is by far my favorite and definitely adds to the gloss.

I believe Darren applied 4 coats to his and it looks fucking amazing, I'm sure it's even better in person. I applied Cosmic to my GT over Thanksgiving and still looks amazing. Application info was taken from the PA website and information I've gathered from Travis @ PA. Hope this helps guys :thumb:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Nice work James!!!! All I can add is to those that are intimidated, DON'T BE.

After your paint is corrected this stuff is very easy to apply and remove. I trusted James and I'm glad I did.:thumb:

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Looks awesome!

How is it with attracting dust?

Worth it to be used on a daily driver that is parked outside?

Definitely an amazing finish and I bet even better in person.

28ONE

Reaction score
Looks awesome!

How is it with attracting dust?

Worth it to be used on a daily driver that is parked outside?

Definitely an amazing finish and I bet even better in person.

Black attracts dust no matter what but it does a really good job at repelling dust. I dd mine and it's parked outside, at least under a carport. Yeah definitely better in person...

AndrewS197

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, I wish I was able to do that!

My car has 1500 miles(garage kept, no rain, no winters other than the one it sat through at the dealer) and it already has very slight "scratches" that can be seen when the sun hits it! Stupid black cars....lol

28ONE

Reaction score
Damn, I wish I was able to do that!

My car has 1500 miles(garage kept, no rain, no winters other than the one it sat through at the dealer) and it already has very slight "scratches" that can be seen when the sun hits it! Stupid black cars....lol

Coat that bad boy!

AndrewS197

forum member
Reaction score
Since my car is new, do you think I would be ok with a wash to get the wax off and then coat it?

28ONE

Reaction score
Wash
IronX
Clay
then coat...

Even though a car is "new" you'd be surprised how much contaminants it has on the surface...

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice thread James. PA seems stupid easy to use. CQUK wasn't to hard but I do have 2 high spots I need to polish out on the SUV. I just may just remove the UK completely and get PA after doing the car.

28ONE

Reaction score
Very nice thread James. PA seems stupid easy to use. CQUK wasn't to hard but I do have 2 high spots I need to polish out on the SUV. I just may just remove the UK completely and get PA after doing the car.

Thanks Scott! Yeah it really is super easy and you wont miss any high spots. If you do decide to remove UK from the explorer, Primer has enough cut to remove UK.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info :thumb: Saved me a step. Was going to hit it w/ SF4500 then Primer. Wasn't sure how much cut Primer had.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
How do you apply the Iron X on the body? I know it's a spray bottle, do I just spread it around with gloves?

Last edited:

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score

28ONE

Reaction score
Thank you...this is going to be a huge job...might have to call Darren for help...lol

Haha - The process is really straight forward but very time consuming. I'd suggest spreading this out into 2-3 days depending on how much paint correction you need.

Day 1
Wash
IronX
Clay
Paint Correction

Day 2
Primer
Cosmic

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
My car sits in the garage now, since July, so taking a couple days is no problem.

I can do day 1 and the roll it back in the garage and put the car cover back on till day 2

Last edited:

28ONE

Reaction score
Yeah I see so many people try to do everything in one day, way too much work!

28ONE

Reaction score
What do you use on your plastic trim and cowl? Ever try CarPro Dlux? Awesome shit!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back