Pony delete grille

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Didnt a few places carry a stock style honeycomb grille for the 05-09 without the pony? I couldve swore I remember seeing them a while back but I cant seem to find them anymore. All I can find are billet grilles and such. If not I guess an elanore grille will be ok.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
No I swear there used to be a company that sold a stock style grille with foglights it just didnt have the pony. Id like to retain my foglights. Ill most likely just go with an elanore grille if I cant find what Im looking for.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I saw that one last night and read the same thing. Apparently the base and gt grilles dont interchange. I could have sworn someone made one for gt’s. Oh well I guess. I appreciate the input.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I’ve been looking around as well but it’s all for the v6 cars.

The only other option is the billet grill that goes over the stock grill.

I don’t like that you can still see the honeycomb underneath and thought about dremeling out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Being an overlay is extremely cheesy and Im not a fan of billet to begin with. With my stang being tungsten gray makes it hard for anything to match it imo. Polished billet looks tacky and black, other than stock looking grilles, doesnt go with the color. Plus I like the subtleness of having the stock grille but no pony. It looks like it came from the factory but its different than other mustangs out there.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Let me know what you find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I have Tungsten gray and i love my black billet grille. I repainted it once due to it fading quiet a bit since purchase, still enjoy it, may wind up painting it again, or getting it powdercoated

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Wes, mine is bone stock exterior wise with stock 18” polished wheels. Im a little picky, I think black billet wouldnt look right. Is yours an overlay?

Cavero, thanks for the post. I just wish I could find what Im looking for but oh well. Does anyone else remember what Im talking about or am I remembing stuff thats not real? Lol. Just so I know Im crazy or not.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
No I swear there used to be a company that sold a stock style grille with foglights it just didnt have the pony. Id like to retain my foglights. Ill most likely just go with an elanore grille if I cant find what Im looking for.

There is/was and I’ve been looking forever to find it too.. I saw ONE pop up on Craigslist and wanted to buy it but it sold too fast. Looked like a factory plastic piece but no Pony emblem, I considered a Bullitt grille too but the emblem free setup with the fog lights looked awesome.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
There is/was and I’ve been looking forever to find it too.. I saw ONE pop up on Craigslist and wanted to buy it but it sold too fast. Looked like a factory plastic piece but no Pony emblem, I considered a Bullitt grille too but the emblem free setup with the fog lights looked awesome.

At least Im not crazy lol. Man Id be happy just to find one maybe talk to the seller about they got it from. I like the bullitt grille too but I like having foglights, its one of those things that makes it a gt imo.

No it looks exactly like the factory grille just without the pony. That one doesnt look bad but damn that expensive.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Yea it's expensive for what it is and I think looks like crap with the chicken fence grille on it.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I agree. Im picky with these things too thats why I havent done much to the exterior of this car.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Being an overlay is extremely cheesy and Im not a fan of billet to begin with. With my stang being tungsten gray makes it hard for anything to match it imo. Polished billet looks tacky and black, other than stock looking grilles, doesnt go with the color. Plus I like the subtleness of having the stock grille but no pony. It looks like it came from the factory but its different than other mustangs out there.

I was in the same boat, can't ever find anything that looks good on tungsten. I love the color but man it does suck trying to find accessories that look good w/ it -- grilles, wheels, spoilers, you name it. I ended up getting a 3 piece overlay and despite what you'd think it doesn't look cheesy at all. Classes it up a little IMHO, but it's a matter of personal taste. I don't think ones like mine stick out as far as the ones that're the pony delete, which might look a little weird to some people.

These are the best pics I can dig up for how it looks in person. 95% of the time you never even realize there's a honeycomb grille behind it. It's usually only when the sun is shining right into the front of the car is when you can see it

17148618162_d110a3a32e_h.jpg

39797738874_e29f8135f8_h.jpg

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat, can't ever find anything that looks good on tungsten. I love the color but man it does suck trying to find accessories that look good w/ it -- grilles, wheels, spoilers, you name it. I ended up getting a 3 piece overlay and despite what you'd think it doesn't look cheesy at all. Classes it up a little IMHO, but it's a matter of personal taste. I don't think ones like mine stick out as far as the ones that're the pony delete, which might look a little weird to some people.

These are the best pics I can dig up for how it looks in person. 95% of the time you never even realize there's a honeycomb grille behind it. It's usually only when the sun is shining right into the front of the car is when you can see it

17148618162_d110a3a32e_h.jpg

39797738874_e29f8135f8_h.jpg
That does look good wow. What brand is it? Gotta love tungsten grey!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back