pool players...

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Curious if there are any other serious pool players on the forum? BCA Nationals 2010 is coming up in May in Las Vegas and I'll be there from May 13-23. Been going for a while now. Just wondering if anybody else either plays or is going to vegas as well.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use to play almost every night for a few years when I was 18, even bought a $650 Pechauer stick. I haven't played in 4-5 years and I probably can't play for shit anymore. I always thought I was pretty good until I played a few local guys that shot 9 ball tournaments regularly, it was just embarrasing for me lol.

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
I've played in the APA for 10 years untill last year, Got burned out and gave it a rest, Won two trips to Vegas, which they have their tourniment in Aug. Best finish as a team was 63rd.

JoshC

THE GAME!
Reaction score
Wow I play a lot but I'm definitely a novice. My dad owned a night club when I was little so I played a bunch. I can win my way into a table at a club and what not. I'd love to be that good. Any tips/tricks/advice?

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow I play a lot but I'm definitely a novice. My dad owned a night club when I was little so I played a bunch. I can win my way into a table at a club and what not. I'd love to be that good. Any tips/tricks/advice?

Keep playing and you don't have to hit the ball like it owes you money to make a shot.

I used to be able to run a table when I played everyday and had nothing else to do. Now all my shots just rim out. Been thinking of getting one for the living room, but we aren't sure.

JoshC

THE GAME!
Reaction score
Keep playing and you don't have to hit the ball like it owes you money to make a shot.

I used to be able to run a table when I played everyday and had nothing else to do. Now all my shots just rim out. Been thinking of getting one for the living room, but we aren't sure.

Yeah all of the guys that I play with think it's cool to rail the ball and wonder why I win a lot more. I seem to fuck up easy shots more then moderately difficult ones.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
i will be playing singles, scotch doubles, and teams this year in vegas...placed in the money in all 3 events last year. This year, i am playing with a master on my team and a couple others that are pushing the bar for being a master. I am getting close myself so our team should do pretty good this year.

Right now i am shooting with a $1600 Jerry Olivier Custom Cue. Not that the value of the cue means shit, it's all in the shooters stance, stroke, follow through, ect.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've played with myself in a pool, does that count???

Darts however...

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I've played with myself in a pool, does that count???

Darts however...

lol, seems like the darts and pool halls go hand in hand. I've got my own board and used to be decent but have digressed since i concentrate all my time on my pool game. I've got friends that i play pool with that can win a grand on a pool table then walk right over to the dart boards and snag another grand chunkin darts.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In '95 our team took 1st place at the BCA Texas state championships and 13th place at the BCA Nationals in Vegas the same year. I think there were around 800 teams at Vegas. Not bad for 5 drunks from San Antonio.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
In '95 our team took 1st place at the BCA Texas state championships and 13th place at the BCA Nationals in Vegas the same year. I think there were around 800 teams at Vegas. Not bad for 5 drunks from San Antonio.

not bad at all. I have never played in the Texas state championships but we have been thinking about taking a few teams up there. I should since it is only about an hour or so away from my parents house though.

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
I haven't picked up my Joss East or my Helmsteatter cues in many years.
I have to dig 'em up.

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
A little late to the party, I know. But played APA 9-ball for about 5 years, then on a local Break and Run 8-ball league, then got my GT and decided I would rather take the money I spent on shooting every week and use it for mod's. Have an Olhausen 8' table at the house, so still play when I have the time. Miss the APA 9-ball, went to Vegas once, but was never on a team strong enough to get very far. the Mini-tournaments were a blast though!

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
you need a 9' table, man ... can't play on an 8' table. Brunswick gold crown with a rack of Brunswick Centennial balls FTW.

blown05gt

Reaction score
i have been team captian for an apa 8 and 9 ball team for about five years now... i have also played valley and lots of tournaments and a little road playing but i still have a long ways to go.. had the opportuninty to go to vegas almost every year but never go always have to much going on here but hope to eventually....
carlos

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
you need a 9' table, man ... can't play on an 8' table. Brunswick gold crown with a rack of Brunswick Centennial balls FTW.

Used to have a 9' table. downsized the house, downsized the pool table. Using Super Aramith Pro balls, they have a pretty nice roll to them on the Simonis Felt!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back