Post your garage

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
After looking at some of those... I feel like mine is a barn with junk piled in it. :(

Time to remodel

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I plan on redoing mine over the winter. Just can't decide how to finish out the walls. I detest working with drywall, so I'm trying to figure out what kind of paneling to use. Any suggestions? It will be painted, whatever I end up using.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
After looking through these I really got to do my garage floor. I am just afraid of the cleaning process,etching, etc..

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After looking through these I really got to do my garage floor. I am just afraid of the cleaning process,etching, etc..

No need to be "afraid"! It's really not that bad. Just takes some time to do the scrubbing. I washed/scrubbed with Dawn, rinsed, acid scrub, rinse, rinse again and let dry for a day or two. If you don't have one, get a big squeegy as it makes getting all the water off ezpz and lets the drying start immediately.

RichardSATX

Roush On!
Reaction score
Clean slate here. I have sealed and painted the outside white now, and installed the breaker box and starting the wiring. I've seen some great ideas in this thread now! This thing is a fortress for the Mustangs.

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3690.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

Hardy Plank over OSB walls, heavy bolted bracing, R-Panel roof, functional oak shutters, solid. Gonna be fully wired, climate controlled, piped air on both walls.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you need a lift in there Rich

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I'm about to invest in some new lighting for my two car garage. All I've got now is the two standard incandescent bulbs along with the light from the garage door opener. It really sucks now since I've painted the garage an industrial grey color to match my new Kobalt cabinetry. I can't see shit. I think I'm about to buy some of the newer T5 HO Fluorescent lighting that Home Depot has. I cannot believe how friggin bright those thin T5 HO bulbs are compared to the larger diameter standard T8's. Only drawback is those T5 bulbs are pricey. About 9 bucks a piece. My garage is a 20X22 roughly. Thinking of running the 8 footers one on each side long ways front to back. Then mount a 4 footer side to side above where the hood would be and another side to side on the ceiling above where the trunk would be somewhat forming a large square of light.

Anyone running fluorescents?

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Well I got the new T5 HO fluorescent lighting installed. Two eight foot fixtures running front to back, one four foot that shines over the hood and bumper running across the ceiling at the front of the garage and one four foot that shines over the trunk and rear bumper running across the ceiling at the back of the garage forming a nice large square of light for the car to be under. Guys.... these lights are INSANELY bright! Finally after 11 years of putting up with two standard incandescents I can see in my garage. I'm so glad I didn't go with standard T8 lighting. Even though the T5 HO bulbs are smaller in diameter it's mind blowing how bright they are. With bulbs, fixtures and supplies it was around 400 bucks but well worth it. There is not a nook or cranny in this garage without light now.

Attachments

• 2013-01-20_16-15-36_67.jpg
    2013-01-20_16-15-36_67.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 102

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
They look like they give off a ton of light. I still have to purchase my two shop lights for the garage. I had wires up two electrical boxes up top to put some in but never got around to buying some. Where'd you pick those up? Is it something I can grab at lowes or HD? I'd like them as bright as they can be since it sucks not having a well lit garage

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
They look like they give off a ton of light. I still have to purchase my two shop lights for the garage. I had wires up two electrical boxes up top to put some in but never got around to buying some. Where'd you pick those up? Is it something I can grab at lowes or HD? I'd like them as bright as they can be since it sucks not having a well lit garage

Got them from HD. Link below shows the 8ft. They will also have the 4ft. They should have them on display. So bright you can't stare at them like you can a standard T8 without going blind. Only drawback is the bulbs are 9.50 a piece and they aren't real plentiful yet. So the 12 bulbs I had to get were about 115 bucks just for bulbs. Considering their smaller size I was a little nervous purchasing these light fixtures never seeing these newer lights anywhere in a shop, but my God they're amazing. The T5 HO bulbs are about 5000 lumens each compared to a 100 watt incandescent which gives off crappy dull amberish light at 1700 lumens. So basically I went from 3400 lumens with two crappy builder grade 100 watt incandescents to over 60,000 lumens with 12 T5 HO bulbs. My wife opened the door from the kitchen into the garage and was like "holy shit" lol! You don't even know the two little 60 watt bulbs in the garage door opener are even on now. Trust me, if you get some of this lighting you'll love it. I'll see if I can't get a better pic by tomorrow of all four on the ceiling.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202516724/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=t5&storeId=10051#.UQFtEB073ko

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a shot I took last night standing outside the back door of the garage. Photo doesn't really do the brightness justice. But I will say if you have a basic two car garage that if you use two eight footers and two four footers forming a large square you will be very very happy. However don't try four eight footers. You literally won't be able to work out there because it will be ridiculously blinding. The two 8 foot and two 4 foot combo is perfect.

Attachments

• 2013-01-24_15-47-46_110.jpg
    2013-01-24_15-47-46_110.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 103

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned floor tiles yet. I'm finishing out my walls right now, and thinking about the colored tiles with the coin pattern. But damn, that stuff is expensive!

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned floor tiles yet. I'm finishing out my walls right now, and thinking about the colored tiles with the coin pattern. But damn, that stuff is expensive!

I would have loved to do a checker pattern but they were too pricey for me. Ended up painting it instead.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Once the weather warms up I'm doing the Rustoleum Epoxy kit in grey to match my walls. Can't decide though if I want to put the flek flakes in it though. Also going to top it with their epoxy clear. I've got a couple stress cracks in the floor that need patching. They make an epoxy patch kit as well. It's gotten good reviews. Don't know about you guys but I'm so sick of the dust from the concrete floor. I invested a lot in my garage this year. New T5 HO flouresent lighting, Kobalt wall and floor cabinets, new steel workbench and new paint. Got some cool swag ready to go up on the walls when the floor is done. Can't wait!

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I've heard (and seen a few) so many bad things about the paint-on style, that I'm scared to use it. I know it all comes down to prep, but what if you do your best and end up with a whole floor of peeling paint?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back