Post your home made grill mods.

RideThePony14

Reaction score
its hard to tell but i hated the plastic and gay fangs the oem gt s197 bumpers have. so when i got my lip i dremeled that off and plastic welded the holes followed up with some paint and a grill and im very pleased.

100_1578.jpg

100_1599.jpg

where did you get the grille mesh material, that looks really good

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
did those brackets come with the lights or did you have to fabricate or pick them up elsewhere? BTW I frickin love the look with the lower fogs and gt500 hood :highfive:

They came with the lights and I used better screws than the ones provided.
And thanks for the compliment! :beer:

Silversky545

forum member
Reaction score
I started this thread... I had no idea it got this big! I'm thinking of making my own version of a bullet/agent 47 upper an lower grille... I'll keep u people posted... I need a 05-09 v6 grille an a like year gt grille... Let me know if any of u come across one cheap

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Lower... CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler, AllStar Plastic Brake Ducts 3" Offset 5" X 9 3/4" and Agent 47 Brake Cooling Kit...

08092011198.jpg

08092011200.jpg

IMG_3704fin.jpg

Silversky545

forum member
Reaction score
A few ideas I've had brewing in my mind...
Maybe doing a grille delete... An run a horse up front like sn95 stangs
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336896563.673903.jpg
Mimicking the rapter grille, be it on a billet grille or mesh but instead of saying ford doing "Stang" in black (giant lettering)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336896622.303603.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1336896731.114400.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1336896739.670302.jpg
I think it would look best w the grille pushed further back like the agent 47 grille... Or run this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336896841.557112.jpg

No? Yes? Maybe? Or am I taking this too far?

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Is that the stock grill?? Looks good either way. Pics of how you mounted the mesh

No... Agent 47 grill.

I used my old fog lights and painted them black and covered them in a carbon fiber wrap. Then picked up some mesh that I found on ebay that I liked. I cut it to fit the hole and left tabs to wrap around the mesh to hold it and place around the grill. The headlight are bolted back in and hold the mesh perfect.

Tried at first a few different things. No fog lights and just mesh, then mesh and foglights. Finally I like the blacked out look.

Foglights and yellow covers... not what I was looking for.
IMG_20120513_121411.jpg

Last edited:

tmcneace

forum member
Reaction score
Everyone here has some skills. I can barely draw a fish, let alone fabricate/ do anything creative to a grill.

Infamousjim

forum member
Reaction score
Here's mine... all the GrandAm continental series mustangs (before they moved up to the boss cars) had the pony in their grille removed... I thought the chrome horse stood out way too much on my car, so I removed mine and carefully dremeled the plastic backing behind it as well...

JimTramontano.jpg

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
No... Agent 47 grill.

I used my old fog lights and painted them black and covered them in a carbon fiber wrap. Then picked up some mesh that I found on ebay that I liked. I cut it to fit the hole and left tabs to wrap around the mesh to hold it and place around the grill. The headlight are bolted back in and hold the mesh perfect.

Tried at first a few different things. No fog lights and just mesh, then mesh and foglights. Finally I like the blacked out look.

Damn i was about to go outside and rip mine off to do this. Thanks!

Here's mine... all the GrandAm continental series mustangs (before they moved up to the boss cars) had the pony in their grille removed... I thought the chrome horse stood out way too much on my car, so I removed mine and carefully dremeled the plastic backing behind it as well...

I like that have any pics from in front of the car?

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Custom Made Grill... (Ponyless stock Honeycomb)

ColdAirram10.jpg

RAM AIR DUCTS
ColdAirRam2.jpg

GT350-1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back