Powder Coating Services!!!!!!

05RedDevil

forum member
Reaction score
What is the turn around time right now on 05 valve covers?
I'd like mine chrome, if possible, or blue if not.
I'd send mine back as a core.
Also, do you have GT500 throttle bodies in stock?

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We just got a set of brake calipers in the other day that we are giong to powder coat gloss black for my car (test vehicle). Once we get mine done and know it is safe we will start doing them for customers as well. We will definitly post pics of it when it is all done. We are currently working on a few sets of valve covers for some customers but as soon we get those done and shipped there will be pics of powder coated brake calipers and throttle body to come.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I have a couple questions for ya:

I saw someone mentioned black chrome. Is that something you can do? Also, have you done anything like Legend Lime? Having a hard time finding something to match it.

A little off-topic, but the what is the difference between 05-06 and 07-09 valve covers? I have a stock 5.4L 3v with older style heads. I have a new block from MMR and stage 3 heads from JPC... not such if they're the new design or not (but I think they are).

I'm still up in the air as to what color would look best on my car. At first I really wanted to go with LL, but with the difficulty of finds ng someone to do that color, I had pretty much decided to do chrome. Since black chrome came into the picture, I'm even more undecided, as all my emblems, vents, door trim, and wheel... is all black chrome.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a couple questions for ya:

I saw someone mentioned black chrome. Is that something you can do? Also, have you done anything like Legend Lime? Having a hard time finding something to match it.

A little off-topic, but the what is the difference between 05-06 and 07-09 valve covers? I have a stock 5.4L 3v with older style heads. I have a new block from MMR and stage 3 heads from JPC... not such if they're the new design or not (but I think they are).

I'm still up in the air as to what color would look best on my car. At first I really wanted to go with LL, but with the difficulty of finds ng someone to do that color, I had pretty much decided to do chrome. Since black chrome came into the picture, I'm even more undecided, as all my emblems, vents, door trim, and wheel... is all black chrome.

Yes I can do black chrome...here is a link to what the black chrome powder coat looks like.
http://www.powderbuythepound.com/BONDED_BLACK_CHROME.html
I am still trying to find a match for Legend Lime but haven't found a good match for it yet. I can also do chrome powder coat if you choose that. I am going to be doing a set of chrome covers for a customer of mine pretty soon and will be posting a pic of it so you can see what that will look like as well. The older style (05-06) valve cover have 14 bolts and the newer style (07-09) has 9 bolts. Hope this helps

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
To do calipers you have to gut them. The interior seals apparently cant withstand baking. You just reinstall when your done.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Another set done!

IMG_0088.jpg

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
Kind of interested in a set for my 06. Just can't decide what color. I would like it to match the grey but I don't wait it to be plain either. Thinking maybe the blue since its a good Ford color.... but then again the orange is hot too lol.

Got any other pics of other colors?

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Yes I can do black chrome...here is a link to what the black chrome powder coat looks like.
http://www.powderbuythepound.com/BONDED_BLACK_CHROME.html
I am still trying to find a match for Legend Lime but haven't found a good match for it yet. I can also do chrome powder coat if you choose that. I am going to be doing a set of chrome covers for a customer of mine pretty soon and will be posting a pic of it so you can see what that will look like as well. The older style (05-06) valve cover have 14 bolts and the newer style (07-09) has 9 bolts. Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll do the black chrome then. No offense, but I'll probably check with the local powdercoater first, as they're super fair priced (75 for valve covers and front cover) and I don't have to worry about shipping. I'm not sure they have black chrome though. I also have to check and see which heads I have. If they don't have black chrome, I'll be placing my order with you very soon.

Do you have both types of valve covers in stock, perchance?

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll do the black chrome then. No offense, but I'll probably check with the local powdercoater first, as they're super fair priced (75 for valve covers and front cover) and I don't have to worry about shipping. I'm not sure they have black chrome though. I also have to check and see which heads I have. If they don't have black chrome, I'll be placing my order with you very soon.

Do you have both types of valve covers in stock, perchance?

$75 is an amazing deal! I have no idea how they can do it for so cheap? They must have some crazy automated machinery...or some illegal hired help..lol. If you do get it done there I would love to see a pic of the finished product...just curious of the quality you get for $75. I usually have a few sets of each instock but just sold my last set yesturday. I have 5 sets of cores waiting to get returned. I should be getting a set in any day. Yes I have both styles. If things don't work out with your local powdercoater I will be more than happy to take care of those covers for you.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
$75 is an amazing deal! I have no idea how they can do it for so cheap? They must have some crazy automated machinery...or some illegal hired help..lol. If you do get it done there I would love to see a pic of the finished product...just curious of the quality you get for $75. I usually have a few sets of each instock but just sold my last set yesturday. I have 5 sets of cores waiting to get returned. I should be getting a set in any day. Yes I have both styles. If things don't work out with your local powdercoater I will be more than happy to take care of those covers for you.
Not sure. They don't do a lot of one-off stuff. They do larger batch jobs, but squeeze things like car parts in when possible. Here's a link to the job they did on the front/valve covers: http://www.mustangcollective.com/showpost.php?p=170779&postcount=256

Is your oven large enough to do the timing cover also?

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

2010SterlingGT

Lava Roush
Reaction score
Albuquerque, New Mexico, Bernalillo County, USA, N
We just got a set of brake calipers in the other day that we are giong to powder coat gloss black for my car (test vehicle). Once we get mine done and know it is safe we will start doing them for customers as well. We will definitly post pics of it when it is all done. We are currently working on a few sets of valve covers for some customers but as soon we get those done and shipped there will be pics of powder coated brake calipers and throttle body to come.

Nice

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
Alright so I think I want to go with a flat black to match my LCAs and relocation brackets... it would also go well with my stripes and shaker scoop. Do you have any pictures of the flat or wrinkle black you could do? Also do you have 06 covers in? I want to limit my downtime to a weekend if I can because my car is a DD.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
.I sold my last set of 06 style covers the other day but I should have an 06 style core returned to me any day now. I have wrinkle black that I may have a picture for today if I get done work early enough. I also have satin black instock but wont have a picture for for awhile. I think either color would look nice but I really like the wrinkle textures as it gives the parts a more factory look

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
Ok. Yeah I was thinking the wrinkle since my LCAs are more of a powder coated black w/ a little gloss but my shaker scoop is a wrinkle black and looks great. I may have them match. I love the whole black/grey theme I have going on if I can get more parts to follow it would be perfect. Let me know if you get a set in I would love to do the swap sometime.

Davenow

forum member
Reaction score
I think wrinkle on the LCAs is just going to make them get a lot dirtier, a lot faster, and be harder to clean.

Maybe get some sort of custom paint work on them and have them clear powder coated?

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok. Yeah I was thinking the wrinkle since my LCAs are more of a powder coated black w/ a little gloss but my shaker scoop is a wrinkle black and looks great. I may have them match. I love the whole black/grey theme I have going on if I can get more parts to follow it would be perfect. Let me know if you get a set in I would love to do the swap sometime.

I should have a set of 05-06 covers in any day now. They are the ones I did for Davenow. I have 2 sets of valve covers that I am working on at the moment but I will shoot you a PM when I am done those 2 sets and have the cores in. Hope we can do buisness!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back