Power bump of 5.0??

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thought I read 420hp 396 tq. It was in one of the release press ads on the 5th but don't remember which one

Official numbers have not been released yet. Note the changes below. They are all "productionized" revisions that are reminiscent of the BOSS 302 package. Let's not forget the BOSS 302 engine was certified for 50 state sale at near 450 hp. The R&D intothat engine would not be wasted if they go forward with these changes.

2015-ford-mustang-gt-41-1.jpg

Last edited:

89gtcs

Reaction score
I'm betting the CMCV plates will make a pretty noticeable difference.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I'm betting on 450HP for 2015 and another bump to 475 in 2017 (or whenever the 5.0 finally gets direct injection).

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Official numbers have not been released yet. Note the changes below. They are all "productionized" revisions that are reminiscent of the BOSS 302 package. Let's not forget the BOSS 302 engine was certified for 50 state sale at near 450 hp. The R&D intothat engine would not be wasted if they go forward with these changes.

2015-ford-mustang-gt-41-1.jpg

Should just say

Add Boost and GO

travelers

Reaction score
My take away from the pictures talking about the changes to the 5.0 was expect Boss level power. 440-450 hp with maybe a small bump in bottom end torque due to the charge motion control system.

I wonder if Steeda is making these like they did the 3V ones??

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I'll just stick with my little'ol 3v for now LOL

Same here. It's paid off and parts are getting cheap. Sure it would be nice to have a 2015 but I'll hold out for a while. If ford wants to tempt me they would put the 3.5L Ecoboost in it.

ejschmidt

forum member
Reaction score
It didn't strike anybody else that their lack of finite numbers was a feeler for them?

If the initial reaction to the mustang was overwhelmingly positive, they would have left the Coyote alone and gotten away with it.

With a negative reaction, they would actually have to live up to the "more power and faster than the previous Boss"

Should I just go put on a tin foil hat now?

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
It didn't strike anybody else that their lack of finite numbers was a feeler for them?

If the initial reaction to the mustang was overwhelmingly positive, they would have left the Coyote alone and gotten away with it.

With a negative reaction, they would actually have to live up to the "more power and faster than the previous Boss"

Should I just go put on a tin foil hat now?

They could just be waiting to crash the 6G Camaro reveal.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I don't think their too worried about the sixth generation Camaro. The Mustang and it's archaic live axle has been kicking its ass for the most part, now we get IRS. Game over. Granted, the Camaro does have respectable and well performing models. Base and SS, no worries by far LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back