Power bump of 5.0??

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Coyote making good power at Livernois Motorsports

We have had several Coyote builds thru the shop this year and we just had a N/A engine make over 600 flywheel with Coyote heads on it. These engines are great platforms so far with more power to come.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
We have had several Coyote builds thru the shop this year and we just had a N/A engine make over 600 flywheel with Coyote heads on it. These engines are great platforms so far with more power to come.

Would you be able to give us more information on this? Components, Dyno Sheets, anything?

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
This was a customer build so I can only release limited info. This was a aftermarket big bore build. It had Coyote heads, custom cams, It was 12.5:1. No releasable dyno sheets. OE wet sump oiling system.

Prancing Pony

Reaction score
Considering we will have to wait until July to order the new Mustang, I am thinking Ford will strive for 450 horsepower in the GT. The 450 horsepower GT will appease us until the SVT GT350 becomes available in early 2015.

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
Considering we will have to wait until July to order the new Mustang,...

Where did you hear this?

Order guides will be available in April, production to start in July with expected ship dates in August according to a seemingly reliable source.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/rush-2015-mustang-1104.html

attachment.php

steel

Reaction score
Considering we will have to wait until July to order the new Mustang, I am thinking Ford will strive for 450 horsepower in the GT. The 450 horsepower GT will appease us until the SVT GT350 becomes available in early 2015.
the 5.0 already makes 437-445hp at 6600RPM. i see a slight power bump from 420 to 435-440 as rated by ford yet realisticaly about 465HP at a slightly higher rpm.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
430-440 I'm sure.
You guys really don't think that the GT's horsepower is going to go up every year till infinity do you?

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I agree. If it's not going to be about 100hp bump like the 4.6-5.0 change was, it doesn't really matter much. Like fdjizm stated, it's not going to keep going up each year.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
My guess is still 440 for the improved heads and cams. Still some room if they go direct injection don't see any future power upgrades for the gt past that point. Can't wait to check one out.

5.ohmygod

Reaction score
They have to bump the power a decent amount just to offset the extra loss of the independent rear end. Otherwise the new car will put less power on the rollers than the current one.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
They have to bump the power a decent amount just to offset the extra loss of the independent rear end. Otherwise the new car will put less power on the rollers than the current one.

Why does Ford care about the power "on the rollers?" As long as the car performs well and they can advertise a HP number, I don't think they care too much about the power going to the rear wheels.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back