Pro Kit springs in front/Sportlines in back?

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
With the weight of my blower, my front end sits considerably lower than a normal GT with Pro Kit springs in the front. I'd like to bring the back down and level the car out. I've got a set of Sportlines handy and thought about swapping in just the rear springs. I just wonder if there are any potential issues in running this setup. I'm running Tokico D-Specs as well, so at least there's some room to adjust the dampning if the ride seems unbalance. I just want to be sure I'm not in for any potential issues.

Thanks for any insight,

KH

paydirt

Roll Racer
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but considering that they are both a progressive rate spring you should be alright, just soften up the dampening a little in the rear to compensate. I know what you mean about the prokit being low in the front with the blower. With my novi 2200 setup and an built motor with an iron block I'm tuckin' tire in the front with 20's haha

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
Nice! How do you get around with that lip? Your car must be as hard to drive as my M3. It's slammed on coilovers with a CF front lip. No breakage yet...but I have to get sideways over the smallest dips...

I may take a stab at installing the rear springs this week then. Hopefully it levels the car out nicely. It may still be slightly raked even lol.

paydirt

Roll Racer
Reaction score
honestly, I'm sure you know with your M3 but you just get use to it. I just take everything at a big angle and do the sign of the cross before I go into my driveway LOL. But on a serious note APR performance really hooked me up. There carbon fiber really has held up and is strong as shit. I couldn't be any happier, its really held up to some serious scraping, especially when its gettin put on the back of a flat bed...

But yeah be sure to post some pics after you get the springs on, should look great. I think it will give the car the stance its missing. (btw, I called up airhead kustoms and talked to jason) really great dude, I was really impressed with the service and hope to be getting something going real soon.

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
honestly, I'm sure you know with your M3 but you just get use to it. I just take everything at a big angle and do the sign of the cross before I go into my driveway LOL. But on a serious note APR performance really hooked me up. There carbon fiber really has held up and is strong as shit. I couldn't be any happier, its really held up to some serious scraping, especially when its gettin put on the back of a flat bed...

But yeah be sure to post some pics after you get the springs on, should look great. I think it will give the car the stance its missing. (btw, I called up airhead kustoms and talked to jason) really great dude, I was really impressed with the service and hope to be getting something going real soon.

Haha yeah, it's just a fact of life. My girlfriend hates riding in the M3. Not because it's not comfortable or fun, just because of the anxiety of going over speed bumps and down driveways lol.

I was actually just down at Airhead on Friday. Jason mentioned that you had called. If you need any quick photoshop work done of how you want the seats to look, let me know and I can do it. James, their interior guy, can replicate drawings perfectly.

It only takes a few minutes to change them! Get to it!

Haha I know...it looks really simple. Maybe I'll do it tonight.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back