Procharger Fuel Pump Issues......

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
I'm tring to wire up the extra fuel pump that comes with the Procharger Kit.
I have the wires cut and tried to use the "Heat Shrink/Solder Wire Splice" thing that Procharger supplies but it didn't work at all. The solder didn't melt but the wires did!

So now the wires are shorter and I have to find another way to connect them. One thing that bugs me is how water tight does it need to be?

Its gonna be hard to get heat shrink over them after soldering.
With the splice being close to the fuel pump connection is this safe?

I'm gonna price some gt500 fuel pumps now for a back up.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and save a lot of pain and do not install that POS thing they send, if you can get the GT500 kit, do it.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks.....
I found a good deal new. There is different part numbers for the 2010 GT so I gonna try to save some confusion and just order from Ford.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I hate to tell you guys this but gt500 pumps are not cheap.. If he is going to push it later then yea.. go for it.. but for the 9-10psi.. eeehhhhh

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
My original plan was to get the GT500 pumps. Price is not an issue. Nothing against Jeremy but I will get my piece of mind from spending alittle more and getting the Ford parts. LOL....

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I hate to tell you guys this but gt500 pumps are not cheap.. If he is going to push it later then yea.. go for it.. but for the 9-10psi.. eeehhhhh

There are a few in the classifieds for fairly good prices (hint, hint). $400-$450 for complete kits with wire harness, fpdm, and pumps.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back