Procharger Pulley Question

tached_out

Bigger the better
Reaction score
I have a 3.70 pulley making 13psi. I getting some belt slip and some serious squeeling going on that never happened before.

I have removed all my pulleys and check the bearings and checked out my belt. It appeared fine to me.

I am sick of this sound because it is just getting worse now and at idle is louder then the blower and you know how loud out blowers are.

I plan on going to a billet idler pulley, new belt and a billet blower pulley.

My question is what size idler pulley should I get. Because when my belt is tight that brass bolt is so tight that the screw going down is about half way through the brass bolt and this just does not seem right to me. If I back it out like procharger say to for the recommendation tension I get slip.

I was thinking if I get a 100mm idler pulley the larger pulley should take slack out of the belt and allow me to not have to tighten my tensioner as far.

Also what is the best belt to get?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
The Gates HD belts are the best . They are green , but they are strong. You can get alot of different sizes at you local Napa Auto parts. Why not just get a little smaller belt ? What size belt are you running now ?

tached_out

Bigger the better
Reaction score
Untitled.jpg

Not sure what the size is off the top of my head. Procharger sent it with the pulley.

I know its a Micro V AT Gator belt though.

Thats a pic of the bolt and its still lose. I saw another P1SC and his was tightend down just as low. This cant be right is it? To get the belt as tight as it can be with out slip I tighten it down about two more turns.

Man that bolt doesnt look that chewed up when you look at it. My camera really shows all the flaws lol

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I have had mine lower then that several times . I think you just need a belt a 1/2 in smaller.

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 3.70 pulley making 13psi. I getting some belt slip and some serious squeeling going on that never happened before.

I have removed all my pulleys and check the bearings and checked out my belt. It appeared fine to me.

I am sick of this sound because it is just getting worse now and at idle is louder then the blower and you know how loud out blowers are.

I plan on going to a billet idler pulley, new belt and a billet blower pulley.

My question is what size idler pulley should I get. Because when my belt is tight that brass bolt is so tight that the screw going down is about half way through the brass bolt and this just does not seem right to me. If I back it out like procharger say to for the recommendation tension I get slip.

I was thinking if I get a 100mm idler pulley the larger pulley should take slack out of the belt and allow me to not have to tighten my tensioner as far.

Also what is the best belt to get?

I am getting that squeel now 2. did changing the procharger pulley and tensioner pulley work?

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
How much free spin should the procharger tensioner have. I can spin mine about half a turn before it just stops. I think i need a new tensioner pulley

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
How much free spin should the procharger tensioner have. I can spin mine about half a turn before it just stops. I think i need a new tensioner pulley

Sounds like you need a new bearing in the tensioner pulley. If I remember right there are two in there. I have my Procharger fac. Pulley at home you could have for $40 shipped if you want try it. It has been coated silver. I can get you a pic. tomorrow night if you are interested.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back