Procharger tune?

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
Going to get the Procharger HO Stage2 kit and had a question about the tune that comes with it.

Anyone running this tune?

I will be installing either LT Headers or an Off-Road pipe....either way no cats. Also will throw in some 1 step colder plugs.

I basically just want to use this tune to get to the local dyno to have it dyno tuned. Just start-up and normal driving, no boost for 10 - 15 miles away. A CEL from no cats wont bother me as long as it is safe to get me to the dyno.

Thanks

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
if your buying new and getting your own tune anyways save the money and just buy a tuner kit, you can pick up the injectors and boost a pump alot cheaper.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Going to get the Procharger HO Stage2 kit and had a question about the tune that comes with it.

Anyone running this tune?

I will be installing either LT Headers or an Off-Road pipe....either way no cats. Also will throw in some 1 step colder plugs.

I basically just want to use this tune to get to the local dyno to have it dyno tuned. Just start-up and normal driving, no boost for 10 - 15 miles away. A CEL from no cats wont bother me as long as it is safe to get me to the dyno.

Thanks

It will get you to the dyno just fine. However, I would buy a tuner kit so you don't get their tuner, Mafia, or injectors. Buy a SCT tuner, BA5000, and 60lb FRPP injectors and have your dyno tuner email you a startup tune.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
the base tune will get you to the tuner. just stay out of the boost on the way to the tuner.

Thanks.

if your buying new and getting your own tune anyways save the money and just buy a tuner kit, you can pick up the injectors and boost a pump alot cheaper.

Actually it is not alot cheaper for the stuff I want, it is more expensive. Not a fan of the boost-a-pump and if I got the tuner kit I would get larger injectors and the Ford GT500 fuel pumps, so this would make it more expensive for me.
Not trying to do a cheap kit, just a complete kit that will support the numbers I want. Thanks for the advice though.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
It will get you to the dyno just fine. However, I would buy a tuner kit so you don't get their tuner, Mafia, or injectors. Buy a SCT tuner, BA5000, and 60lb FRPP injectors and have your dyno tuner email you a startup tune.

Thanks,

I already have a SCT tuner and had planned on getting a Tuner Kit but I just didn't want to spend the extra money on componets when the ones that come with the kit will support my goals. I already found the cheapest deals on new parts to complete the Tuner Kit and they would be more expensive then the base kit. And I need to save a few things to do later on.
Figured I can start with the kit and add as I see fit if needed.

Thanks again for the responses.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Actually it is not alot cheaper for the stuff I want, it is more expensive. Not a fan of the boost-a-pump and if I got the tuner kit I would get larger injectors and the Ford GT500 fuel pumps, so this would make it more expensive for me.
Not trying to do a cheap kit, just a complete kit that will support the numbers I want. Thanks for the advice though.

understood, if you end up doing the gt500 pumps you should talk to jeremy. he builds fuel pumps and can do pretty much any pump youd want for less money.

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
I was thinking you wanted to see a lot higher numbers than that. My setup is going to consist of a fpdm wire upgrade, 60lb injectors, and kb 20amp bap which i understand some would rather get pumps than a boost a pump for safety but my setup will support 500whp easy.

benjytps

forum member
Reaction score

THIS

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
Not looking to make alot of power or even turn up boost later on. I been there and done that and found keeping it low boost and simple make for a more reliable, trouble free and better experience IMO.

I can get gt500 pumps, 42lb injectors, 1step colder plugs and the Mafia for alittle over $1100 new. I don't buy used parts, just don't feel comfortable with it.
Money is not an issue but so far I have not seen a good enough reason to get the Tuner Kit.

I never liked the BAP, I always considered it to be a band-aid and the pumps to be te better solution.
Is the BAP better then the add a pump that comes with the Procharger?

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score
Exactly what I did and use the Procharger piggy back pump.
Got to 530 on the dyno but dialed it down to 478 for safety sack.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back