programmer issue

luckyone

Reaction score
As many of you know I was recently robbed. Well my diablo hand held was one of the things stolen from me. I still have the 91 octane steeda race tune on the car. And I am still in need of an inspection. So far the only option diablo has offered was to return the car to stock, go to dealership and get my computer reflashed, then purchase new tuner and reinstall everything.

Man I sure wish there was another way to go about doing this. Any one who is a tuner or if this has happened to you please chime in with options.

Thanks,
Scott

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Not to push any product in particular but it is a fact that an SCT can flash your car as it is and a predator wont.

If you get an X3 you can flash a stock tune (provided by a tuner) and pass your emissions test. Then you can get SCT to replace your current tune with an stock tune if you want to go back later on.

And you can get a tune for it from a lot of SCT vendors in this site or others.

An X3 could save you the trip to the dealership.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think Doug at Bama Chips may be who you need to get in contact with, I would bet he has both kinds of tunes and would definitely work with you to get you going again

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why are you worrying about returning it to stock?

yaWyMtuO

Reaction score
Can't you just disconect the battery to reprogram your chip? By that I mean won't it go back to stock?

luckyone

Reaction score
Why are you worrying about returning it to stock?
I'm not. It's just a huge pain in the butt. Plus it's nice to always have your stock tune file, which is now gone. I am more concerned with getting the damn car to pass an inspection.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't you just disconect the battery to reprogram your chip? By that I mean won't it go back to stock?
These cars don't have "a chip"

I'm not. It's just a huge pain in the butt. Plus it's nice to always have your stock tune file, which is now gone. I am more concerned with getting the damn car to pass an inspection.
Why would it not pass inspection? Sounds like you are running a very generic very simple free tune. I highly doubt that they have any parameters disabled in the tune. If I pass inspection in Dallas with as many mods as I have, you shouldn't have any issue passing inspection with a CAI and "performance" tune.

luckyone

Reaction score
My o2 sensors are disabled and showing not ready on the obd scan. I need to have them tuned completely off or out. But in order to get a new tune on the car I need to have a stock tune on the car, or that's what the rep at diablo told me.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
My o2 sensors are disabled and showing not ready on the obd scan. I need to have them tuned completely off or out. But in order to get a new tune on the car I need to have a stock tune on the car, or that's what the rep at diablo told me.

Yes what DS people told you is right, if you switch to SCT you won't have to do that. (go to the dealer)

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Am I missing something. Do you have the stock base file on a PC or laptop?

IFSO. Just by another DS tuner and upload.

luckyone

Reaction score
Am I missing something. Do you have the stock base file on a PC or laptop?

IFSO. Just by another DS tuner and upload.

No. It was in my diablo hand held that was stolen. I guess sct and a tune is the way to go. I just got worried when diablo said I couldn't load a tune over there tune. I could only load a tune if the car had the stock tune on it.

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damnit.. I keep forgetting we are talking Diablocrap here...

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
That might be the issue"91 octane steeda" tune. They work close together, at least a few years ago. For instance, Doug BAMA CHIPS has my base tune and I have it backed up. So in an event of yours plan B can be executed. I bet BBR, VMP, Brooksspeed, BrenSpeed have this type of fail safe help. Wouldn't suprise me a bit.

I got a F150 tuner from Doug off of a Roush s/c Truck. He was able to remove the Roush tune base file and then load up my base file from my truck , tune it for his specific torq tune with his tunes and the Diablo tunes as well.

wdkingery

@ home installer hero
Reaction score
painful stickers..

are you people not able to butter the inspector in your states?

here in virginia the only inspection we have is the typical physical; brakes tires glass right..

no sniffing, no scanning. if the catalytic converter is rust-free, doesn't leak, and is there, it passes. even if it's knowingly empty

but not everyone has cats, or alot of people are poor, so they just pay someone off to get a sticker. at the dealership i last worked at, we often came to work in the morning to find that any car that had been unlocked was now missing it's state inspection (which our management had us keep those stickers within a few months new) ...... and get this, they didn't even call the cops. we just restickered them. they sell for approximately $50.

i think if your car was shiny enough, and didn't have cats, and you went to a mexican shop, you could likely get him to write the legitimate sticker for the prescribed $16. just let him pull it in and feel like a true american and he'd sticker it.

are ya'lls states that tight, where just by virtue of modifying a new mustang, you don't have enough friends to get a sticker no matter what?

Last edited:

AirGoNomyk

Owned by a 3 legged dog
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

here in virginia the only inspection we have is the typical physical; brakes tires glass right..

no sniffing, no scanning. if the catalytic converter is rust-free, doesn't leak, and is there, it passes. even if it's knowingly empty

but not everyone has cats, or alot of people are poor, so they just pay someone off to get a sticker. at the dealership i last worked at, we often came to work in the morning to find that any car that had been unlocked was now missing it's state inspection (which our management had us keep those stickers within a few months new) ...... and get this, they didn't even call the cops. we just restickered them. they sell for approximately $50.

i think if your car was shiny enough, and didn't have cats, and you went to a mexican shop, you could likely get him to write the legitimate sticker for the prescribed $16. just let him pull it in and feel like a true american and he'd sticker it.

are ya'lls states that tight, where just by virtue of modifying a new mustang, you don't have enough friends to get a sticker no matter what?

Try that in The Peoples Republik of Maryland!

luckyone

Reaction score

Yes Texas is pretty strict. And Im not a big fan of hot stickers. Thats a easy way to wind up in jail for a really stupid reason.

wdkingery

@ home installer hero
Reaction score
Yes Texas is pretty strict. And Im not a big fan of hot stickers. Thats a easy way to wind up in jail for a really stupid reason.

wow yes you are right; it's terribly different. you poor people. i have a little ricer friend ('89 CRX.. something about DOHC) and it's got like 330k and when they pull him (for loud exhuast, go figure) and find that he has an illegitimate sticker, they scrape it on the spot, and he gets a ticket! non-moving violation, which is known for it's fine-only type penalty.

this happened twice with the same cop infact. CRX got pulled by a different cop and the first one wandered upon the scene and said oh run the inspection sticker numbers, i just got him for a bad sticker.. and they scraped another. still no jail tho. silly honda

well good luck with your SCT decisions.

Back