Prostreet S197

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I think I have some more pic coming up soon. I went down to check on my motor, and I noticed the owner mocking up the motor mounts in the pro street. The intake scoop on that 8-71 is going to poke up high, that's for sure.

Sorry for all the waiting, but they told me they only worked on it when time/schedule allowed. I'll make sure to update whenever possible!

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Update: New roof has been glued in, front fenders put on, hood has arrived, and.. the motor mounted. Yes, the hood will be a slightly modified, stock GT500 hood to go with the GT500 front end. Color choice has been narrowed down to two non-S197 Mustang colors.

x046.jpg

x043.jpg

x045.jpg

x040.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is insane, which is just about right.

How is the engine mounted? Mounts off of the stock K-Member? No motor plate?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn that is a huge blower... will it make that much more power then a 4.0L whipple or 3.6 LC KB? or is it a more show blower.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Wow, this is insane, which is just about right.

How is the engine mounted? Mounts off of the stock K-Member? No motor plate?

Looks that way, and I would have thought they would use a motorplate...:wtf1:

Damn that is a huge blower... will it make that much more power then a 4.0L whipple or 3.6 LC KB? or is it a more show blower.

I wouldn't think it would make much more, I am thinking it is more show....:handjob:

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

It's BIG, no doubt.

Me too, but that is a nice Blower Shop unit. A buddy of mine had two of their 10-71 units on his twin 1200+hp, 555ci, offshore Skater. It may be the same size, if not an 8-71. It's cool in my book.

It's a unit from The Blower Shop. It will "do work." I based the size assumption off of the length of the blower case, compared to the engine length. RASMUS already stated above that it is an 8-71. I believe some of these blowers can displace ~200ci and others are well above 360ci or ~6.0L.

http://theblowershop.com/

Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score

I wouldn't think it would make much more, I am thinking it is more show....:handjob:
It depends on the setup for sure. Those big roots blowers can be serious.... or they can be more for show. They look just plain badass. They definitely are less efficient than a twin screw.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Some more body work and prep done! They're aiming at Mustang Week.

x020.jpg

x022.jpg

x024.jpg

x025.jpg

x028-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back