Putting CS bumper on GT

Black08

New S197 owner
Reaction score
I saw the part list somewhere but can't find it now, so help would be appreciated.
I am putting a Gt/CS bumper on the front of my 08GT and I remember reading somewhere there is a conversion kit. Anyone know what's in this kit and where I can buy one? Is it needed?
Thanks

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cheaper to have a cdc classic modified and painted?I have one on mine and if the sides were painted to me it looks very similar.

uwishprod

Youtuber Howto
Reaction score
If you decide to do the rear bumper I can help you. Tousley Ford hooked me up good on a bumper.

Foozeh

forum member
Reaction score
Either go with the LMR one, or a bumper KIT from ford themselves. The bumper cover is $499, the kit was $389 and came with all new hardware.

Call Tousley.. not sure how the shipping would be due to the box it comes in. It's pretty large.

uwishprod

Youtuber Howto
Reaction score
With Tousley they shipped It via greyhound. No damage to bumper and was way cheaper then freight.

Black08

New S197 owner
Reaction score
Just found a bumper waiting on delivery.thanks everyone! Also going to put on the gt/CS brake beel kit and relocate the fogs. Anyone ever done this using different fogs? They need to be 3.5 inch I was thinking of trying the 03-04 cobra fogs(glass lens and same HID bulb as s197 fogs) the PIAA ones are so much $$$.

Foozeh

forum member
Reaction score
I did the shelby brake bezel kit on my gt/cs bumper with the PIAA lights..Honestly..I loved it, but the fitment was horrible.

Also, if you ever plan to supercharge/turbo. A heat exchanger will make you have to delete the mod. Unless you shave the entire back off the bezel.

I would recommend just using the stock gt/cs inserts, maybe adding a SHR lower honeycomb grill and call it quits. You can always tint/hide your fogs behind the upper grill.

TLDR; I would look for another bezel for your lights.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure you don't douche it up like I did. Buy the kit, not just the bumper. Late model sells both. Tousley sells them as parts. Effectively I bought the bumper, slapped my head and bought the remaining parts from Tousley, including the side honeycomb inserts (they don't come with just the bumper).

Foozeh

forum member
Reaction score
call tousley with the kit part number, they will get it.

if you can't find something on their site, just call. they still do the discounted pricing.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just found a bumper waiting on delivery.thanks everyone! Also going to put on the gt/CS brake beel kit and relocate the fogs. Anyone ever done this using different fogs? They need to be 3.5 inch I was thinking of trying the 03-04 cobra fogs(glass lens and same HID bulb as s197 fogs) the PIAA ones are so much $$$.

The Termi fog lamps are too big. Tried it and they don't fit. I found that the fog lamps from a Mazda 3 are small enough to fit. I hole sawed the bezels and bumper myself. I ground down the honeycomb pattern off of the bezels also. I got a couple more sets of the lamps if your interested, just got to dig em out of the garage. Here is a pic of what they look like:
6550f887.jpg

KoolerSL2

Serve and Protect
Reaction score
i used 05-09 pony pack fogs from a v6.
take i did this 2 years ago now but still looks good to me.
wish i had some bodywork skills so i could make some bezels and make them look more finished.
i do have them set back where they dont stick out.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back