Q for those who have dropped the oil pan without taking it out.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
Does anybody think that without lowering the K member I will be able to get the oil pan low enough to get in and push up on whats left of the broken dipstick tube? It broke flush with the outside of the block and I cant get ahold of it with anything. Thanks

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
4353.jpg

Go to China Freight and get some Hemostats!!!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
2507228_lg.jpg

:idea:

Retractable/telescopic Magnet from China freight!!!

I'd shove a midget down that hole before I'd pull the oil pan!!!!!!!:dead2:

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Or just get an old screwdriver, heat the tip and bend it at a 90 degree angle. I've had one of these little suckers laying around for years. Comes in handy all the time.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
Ive tried the above methods minus the medical equipment lol. I even tried a self taping sheet metal screw and pulling up on that.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
If it was the dip stick its self and you can it get it out from the top, just knock it into the pan. Then you can use a magnet to drag it to the drain hole and use a small extendable magnet to reach in and pull it out. I would try this first if it was my car. If it fails, then you pull the pan.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
Yes it was the tube itself that broke and the part thats left is flush with the block. Ill take another look around town tomorrow and see if I can find an easy out that will fit.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
I ended up getting another cheap dipstick at the local parts store bending the tip up and forcing it threw what was left of the old tube. Lots of tugging and a torch later its out. What a PITA!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back